USB Groundhog Day

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHS

After its first service, or maybe after adding new music to my USB, I've found myself in Groundhog Day.
It no longer plays music from the same point as when we switched off.
Every time I turn the car on now, it plays track 1. That's Adele which is ok but I have to reselect what I want every time.
I can't find a setting on the car to change, or in the manual.
Hoping someone can help please.

MHS said:
After its first service, or maybe after adding new music to my USB, I've found myself in Groundhog Day.
It no longer plays music from the same point as when we switched off.
Every time I turn the car on now, it plays track 1. That's Adele which is ok but I have to reselect what I want every time.
I can't find a setting on the car to change, or in the manual.
Hoping someone can help please.

Redo the songs again and what I do is put the songs into the USB without being in a folder.
Also you probably know this but it can display the text for the song on play. (menu setting)

Playing music off a USB stick is clunky - put it onto a SD card - the MMCS handles them much better

maby said:
Playing music off a USB stick is clunky - put it onto a SD card - the MMCS handles them much better

Mine isn't clunky at all. In fact it's pretty smooth.

Also if you have a playlist organised in iTunes and need to copy them over in the same order to usb stick.
I find this works just fine:
http://www.isyncer.de/en

I have a 32Gb USB stick, filled with music, all in folders and subfolders, plays fine, restarts where it left off etc.

Not the best interface I have seen but works fine. I however do not use playlists. perhaps that is one of the differences?

I find the iTunes playlist works very good here.
Make a new 'Outlander' playlist and drag and drop any tunes off the main selection into here and that's it.
Copy the new 'Outlander' playlist onto the USB via the isync way and all are kept in the same order.

Off course (if you're not bothered) you can always - 'select copy and paste' onto USB but I'm afraid it's anyhow with the play order of things.
Well that's what I found anyway.

Back