USB stick / SD Card music problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 816

Well that was an easy fix :idea: . My music had migrated from my old car on its 32GB Cruzer USB stick but its never been happy in the PHEV, very slow to start playing when I got in the car and slow to navigate. Getting worse lately not playing at all, despite reformatting it and copying everything back on, error scanning etc. Its was always a budget slow stick anyway.

Picked up a 32GB Sandisk Ultra SD card today with a 40MB/s read speed, (h2testw confirms it is this quick) in Argos £15 - available cheaper online I know but I had £30 of Nectar to spend :cool:

Revelation! :shock: starts playing in seconds now and navigates about folders so much quicker. :geek:

Our PHEV very much prefers the SD-card over the USB connection.
You will be able to see cover art now, which it doesn't show via USB.

Kim said:
Our PHEV very much prefers the SD-card over the USB connection.
You will be able to see cover art now, which it doesn't show via USB.

interesting!

I used a usb stick as it was marginally more convenient to update. Lesson learnt.

Tracks inside an album on SD Cards are not played in Track order but ordered alphabetically on Track Title. Any solution to this ? The only solution I found up to now is concatenating the whole album into one MP3 Track.

JKL said:
Tracks inside an album on SD Cards are not played in Track order but ordered alphabetically on Track Title. Any solution to this ? The only solution I found up to now is concatenating the whole album into one MP3 Track.

Isn't that to be expected as the tracks are just computer files to the MMCS?

I don't have that problem as my tracks are all numbered as part of the file name so it sorts them on that, eg "01 - Contenders.mp3"

It could be quite a task to rename all of them.

There is a freeware program called Tagscanner that can rename files and can add pre-numbers may help.

The MMCS is able to read some tags like title or artist name and not able to play music according to the track number in the tags? It is also not able to play tracks in gapless mode! All this is nowadays standard behaviour of any musicplayer.

The MMCS in general is a very, very poorly implementation, not only for music playing....

I have a music player which is able to add track number to the title but curiously then the MMCS displays '01 01 'track name'. Even Windows Media Player is doing better...

Back