Useful Information

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozukus

The following outlines some useful information I dug out of the manual while looking for functions that I could perform in a GX3h since it doesn't have MMCS. Some are just general information that I included, specification independent, as these were things I found out either on the forum or just by mucking about with the car, so not everyone will be aware.

Page 4-5 Setting of door and tailgate unlock function

This allows you to set whether the Unlock/Lock function on the fob controls all doors or just the drivers door.
I attempted to get this to work to no avail, so if someone can describe how it actually works that would be useful. :oops:

Page 4-13 Emergency Key

For those that aren't aware you have a standard key in your fob. Pull the little lever on the back of the fob to extract the key. Found out about this on the forum, being used to years of requiring a key to operate may car, found it novel to have a keyless car, only to find out that it did actually have a key :roll:

Page 4-27 To deactivate the vehicle inclination detection function and the interior intrusion detection function

Put the operation mode in OFF.
Raise and hold the wiper and washer switch to the “MIST” position for about 3 seconds. The buzzer will sound once and the function will be deactivated.

To activate the function again, raise and hold the wiper and washer switch to the “MIST” position for about 3 seconds. The buzzer will sound twice and the function will be activated.

Page 6-43 Coming Home Light

After you have turned the vehicle off with the headlight selector in either auto or off mode, pull the headlight indicator switch towards you and it will illuminate the headlights for 30 seconds.

Page 6-51 Windscreen Washer

If you pull and hold the windscreen washer switch it will spray until you release. If you pull and release immediately it will execute an auto function.

Page 7-11 Changing the operation mode

To put the vehicle into ACC (Accessories) mode, press the ON/OFF switch once without depressing the brake. Extremely useful if you are using a rapid charger and just want to sit in your vehicle. Unfortunately you can't go form Off to ACC then back to Off as the cycle is:

Off – ACC – On – Off

Page 8-6 Climate Control, synchronized versus dual mode

When climate control is first activated it is in synchronized mode, meaning the drivers temperature control sets both zones. If the passenger side has been used this sets it to dual or independent zone. If you want to set it back to synchronized mode, just hit the Auto button.

I must admit that the translation in the manual goes from an extreme of a well translated sentence, to a word by word translation that means the sentence loses context, with some areas requiring more than one read in order to self interpret what they actually mean and hoping you assumed correctly.

Back