Viper or similar remote start.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vs2

So I was playing with the app and remote heating today. Car charged fully and plugged into my standard 8 amp charger. Started app and set heating for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes car was hot as hell and battery was charging and had lost 2 bars. Why can't we set the temperature so battery is not wasted and why does it let the car get so hot? The 4kw electric heater really kills the battery!

What about a Viper remote start with a 800m range!!. So you set car for desired temp. (with recirc on) and once it gets to desired temp. it maintains it and cuts the battery usage way back. You can also have the Viper programmed to switch off at a set time after activation.

http://www.viper.com/car/remotestart/product/4205v/viper-value-2-way-remote-start-system

jthspace said:
Set heating for 10 minutes instead?

Did not think of that, how stupid of me.

Want to control the temperature instead of pumping out a continuous 4kw which either makes the car too hot/cold depending on time set.

Mitsubishi have been controlling there wifi heatpumps for years via android/apple apps. Just thought it would be nice to incorporate it into there PHEV/EV cars as well.

Back