Warning Symbol

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthspace

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the little white button is warning me / telling me? I have looked thru the manual and couldn't find it anywhere. I thought it may have something to do with the boot electric open/close setting but it doesn't make any difference if this is pushed in or not.

The little white button disappears after a while.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

It means that you can press the display button (on the dash to the right of the central readout) to get additional information. It appears when you have some sort of over-riding display (such as door open) or map info, and you might want to access other data, such as the odometer or mpg data. I think you have to press and hold the button to get it to toggle to another screen

It clears any warning displayed to a small amber triangle, so the display is restored to usual. If it's outlined (as in your pic) a short press will do it. If it's solid a longer press is required, I presume for more important warnings.

And there's me thinking it meant "if your getting out, turn the damn car off you fool" ;)

Yesterday was the first time I've been able to go out with the sun roof open. I noticed that you get no (audible or other) warning if you lock the car leaving it open, which is a bit weak IMHO.

I thought the little push button symbol referred to the 'de-electrification of the boot lid.
You don't honestly expect to find useful information in the handbook do you. It's all full of warnings, 'don't do's,' 'danger'.
I must admit I was surprized that since the car beeps and bongs for every available incident, to NOT beep for the sun roof is, as you say, a real shortcoming.
I was also amazed that the other day I left the roof and drivers window open and I thought "if I lock the car they will both close" WRONG! I am so used to useful things like that from my Yeti days.
I repeat my previous gripes that I think they concentrated so hard on the EV system that they forgot about a lot of useful twiddles. Like a power point in the boot. Auto close of windows on locking, a decent handbook, the list is endless.

Carnut said:
I thought the little push button symbol referred to the 'de-electrification of the boot lid.
You don't honestly expect to find useful information in the handbook do you. It's all full of warnings, 'don't do's,' 'danger'.
I must admit I was surprized that since the car beeps and bongs for every available incident, to NOT beep for the sun roof is, as you say, a real shortcoming.
I was also amazed that the other day I left the roof and drivers window open and I thought "if I lock the car they will both close" WRONG! I am so used to useful things like that from my Yeti days.
I repeat my previous gripes that I think they concentrated so hard on the EV system that they forgot about a lot of useful twiddles. Like a power point in the boot. Auto close of windows on locking, a decent handbook, the list is endless.

There is a powerpoint in the boot. I have a GX4HS MY 16.

Carnut said:

There is a tweak to change the software on the car to make lots of changes, such as autolock the doors at 12kph (now illegal in Europe) and to also shut all the windows and sunroof by locking and keeping pressed the keyfob lock button. These functions are disabled by default.

I have the cable, USB interface and a link to a Russian server that can change these settings ( $$$ subscription required). I have tried once or twice but the drivers for the USB interface are problematic on 64 bit systems, so I need to build a 32 bit Windows system or get a 32 bit Win install on my Macbook. "Working, Will advise" as they say.

I also thought it was something to do with the bootlid - I was not surprised to find nothing in the handbook. Yesterday, looking in the book on how to jumpstart the aux battery, the actual instructions were 10 lines or so of text and two pages of warnings about the sky falling in or something.

Jeff

Shamusj said:
Carnut said:

There is a powerpoint in the boot. I have a GX4HS MY 16.

I like to think I had a hand in that, I was surprised when I found my 2015 didn't have one when our previous generation Outlander did, I moaned all over the internet about them being cheapskates and where do I plug my coolbox into now!

Hopefully mine and others moaning made them put it back for 2016.

The issue of massively cluttered manuals I have seen on other cars, in those cases enthusiast have got hold of an editable pdf of the manual and sanitised by editing out every bit of the "Do not drive more than 5mph whilst your mother in law is tied to the towbar" warning stuff. You end up with something useful about a quarter the size.

Shamusj said "There is a powerpoint in the boot. I have a GX4HS MY 16"

Mine is a 15 plate & only a lowly Gx4h (see below). So I agree , they must have seen sense for the 16 model & or the hs.

MY MY16 4H has the power point in the boot, although how long it'll run anything before the puny aux battery bricks it I have no idea.

I'm going to start a new thread re the aux battery.

BTW, as you have previously pointed out Colin...something that the Outlander that neither your nor my previous Skoda's had is the ability to fold the mirrors without having to almost stop the car first (by which time that truck / bus / tractor would have removed them).

If I could only have that or closing windows etc from outside the car I'd choose the mirror folding (although in the Superb Elegance at least you could also open all the windows by holding the unlock button down. Very useful on that single hot day of the year we get now.

JimB

I asked both Skoda & dealer if they could alter the circuitry to remove this ridiculous method. I was told it was an unalterable 'safety feature'!
I told them I thought it was a bloody stupid DANGEROUS FEATURE!

Carnut said:

Although with my cheapskate Gx3h doesn't have one, I used to leave my Avensis with the sunroof cracked when in sunnier climes to stop the interior overheating the dog/baby/mother-in-law etc. that I'd locked inside when going to the theme park, for example - so I would prefer NOT to have auto-closure. :lol:

On Skodas It is not auto closure. Plip once to lock car hold lock button down and windows and roof close, but only for as long as the button is depressed. . Can be half closed or as much or as little as you want. Brilliant and so simple.

Carnut said:
On Skodas It is not auto closure. Plip once to lock car hold lock button down and windows and roof close, but only for as long as the button is depressed. . Can be half closed or as much or as little as you want. Brilliant and so simple.

So if you have accidently left them open then you still have to remember to use the key fob - not really much better than remembering to do this before you get out. :? I thought we were referring to cars that remember for you.

greendwarf said:
Carnut said:

So if you have accidently left them open then you still have to remember to use the key fob - not really much better than remembering to do this before you get out. :? I thought we were referring to cars that remember for you.

Ah well, you see, I leave the sunroof and windows open on our one hot day of summer, to stop the interior overheating. (As I did with PHEV the other day) and when it starts raining in Skodaland you stay in the house and use the fob. In PHEVland you have to get off your backside and rush outside! :lol:

Carnut said:
greendwarf said:
Carnut said:

Ah well, you see, I leave the sunroof and windows open on our one hot day of summer, to stop the interior overheating. (As I did with PHEV the other day) and when it starts raining in Skodaland you stay in the house and use the fob. In PHEVland you have to get off your backside and rush outside! :lol:

Here's an idea Colin - plug it in, close it up and let it overheat but half an hour or less before you want to use it turn to your handy app and pre-cool it. Try that with a Skoda and with the Mitsi you don't even have to worry that you missed the fact it started raining in Skodaland.

....and the Mitsi won't be full of flies and wasps either!

Neat huh?

JimB

GEE! Thanks Jim. :lol: I'm looking forward to a car full of flies & wasps next year when I buy my Skoda Kodiaq!! (Vision S)

Back