WARNING. This is a technical topic.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trex

Is this what we should put in front of our topics and posts. :roll: in this section if they get, guess what? Technical. :!:

I have noticed people complaining about its too complicated or words to that effect after they have read some of these posts in the "Technical discussions" section.

Well I can help.

Stay away from the Technical discussions. :lol: :lol: or join in and try to learn but not complain.

Everyone I think knows you can get into the PHEV and just drive it like every other car and even new owners will have had a test drive and been shown around by the dealers etc.

But please do not try to spoil it for others like myself who try to analyze this what I think is a great car the mighty Phev.

Or I suppose I could stay away if I want to discuss something technical in the Technical Discussions :idea:

Regards Trex.

Ps did I say Technical discussions enough? :lol: :lol:

I am a owner as of 12 Oct 2015. My initiation to the PHEV was 2 or 3 months reading the forum and a test drive. My first objective in devouring the forum posts was to try to learn where others had had problems and find solutions - to be able to drive the PHEV and find my way around some of the manual.
However the real plus for me is the Technical Discussion, particularly the attempts to understand the underlying technology and the (sometimes conflicting) theories on how to achieve optimum performance. I didn't buy the vehicle for this extra aspect but find I have also purchased a hobby as well as a means of transport. I am still a novice and at this stage will have to read and try to understand rather than contribute to the discussion.
Members who see this part of the forum as unnecessary complication can easily use the off button.
Meanwhile my thanks to the technical contributors for their free present.

Well, in my post in this section, I did ask for one line answers as I was unsure, as a new owner, on what to and what not to do on my first forays into the PHEV world of driving. The post quickly went into far deeper explanations and, almost, arguments in places where the responders, perhaps, forgot the original question and side-tracked into almost personal attacks on each others responses.

So, your comment to "stay away from technical discussions" is rather insulting. My post had other new owners who thanked me for posting the simple question as well as more experienced owners who did, indeed, offer a simple answer. Not everyone who posts in this section is as experienced as others and often just want a pointer or simple advice on a question raised.

I have, for the last 6 years, mentored UK 6th Form students, who are at the top of the national IQ scale, in Robotics. I have also had to teach them how to drill a hole or use a screwdriver because, although they will undoubtedly end up in the top 5% of the UK society, they still need to learn a little bit of everything.

I also thanked everyone who contributed to my post, I don't believe I complained at any stage about the depth of the response and I have learned from the experience.

Jeff

jthspace said:
Well, in my post in this section, I did ask for one line answers as I was unsure, as a new owner, on what to and what not to do on my first forays into the PHEV world of driving. The post quickly went into far deeper explanations and, almost, arguments in places where the responders, perhaps, forgot the original question and side-tracked into almost personal attacks on each others responses.

So, your comment to "stay away from technical discussions" is rather insulting. My post had other new owners who thanked me for posting the simple question as well as more experienced owners who did, indeed, offer a simple answer. Not everyone who posts in this section is as experienced as others and often just want a pointer or simple advice on a question raised.

I have, for the last 6 years, mentored UK 6th Form students, who are at the top of the national IQ scale, in Robotics. I have also had to teach them how to drill a hole or use a screwdriver because, although they will undoubtedly end up in the top 5% of the UK society, they still need to learn a little bit of everything.

I also thanked everyone who contributed to my post, I don't believe I complained at any stage about the depth of the response and I have learned from the experience.

Jeff

I still think you should never press the charge button ;) :lol:

A time will come when your driving needs will dictate use of the CHARGE button. "NEVER" is such a long time away. Better to have had some practice before that time comes. Similarly goes for the ASC button. Better to have practiced with it a few times, as one day you will need the traction and you will be glad you learned the benefit of what the button did. Too late to RTFM when you are already bogged and more traction at the right time by pressing a button may have prevented it.

gwatpe said:
A time will come when your driving needs will dictate use of the CHARGE button. "NEVER" is such a long time away. Better to have had some practice before that time comes. Similarly goes for the ASC button. Better to have practiced with it a few times, as one day you will need the traction and you will be glad you learned the benefit of what the button did. Too late to RTFM when you are already bogged and more traction at the right time by pressing a button may have prevented it.

a time will come?

Ah yes after world Armageddon and the power grid is a distant memory, the surviving PHEV owners trying to cross the wastelands of London to reach safety, they charge use scavenged petrol so at night they can stealthy carry out surprise attacks on other tribes for food...

Already upgraded my PHEV..

madmax_maxandmagnumopus.jpg

jthspace said:

Jeff

Maybe should have been posted in the general forum?
Nothing insulting in expressing an opinion, that's what the forum is for.

Hey folks,

I will do these quickly,

Oscarman:

Had mine for 18 months which is not very long in the scheme of things and I am still a novice ie still learning about what I consider a wonderful car.

Regulo:

:lol: :lol: You should ask questions I think we are all still learning. I know I am. But you might be having me on. ;)

jthspace:

Bit thin skinned old mate. I am not sure I have read any of your posts yet as I am going through 6 mths of posts over the last week and done about 4 mths starting from old to new(a little each day). I want to keep it in order in case it matters. I have started a couple of topics on what I have read so far plus a couple on tests I have done and I could not help myself looking at anko's sticky on OBD2 data but have not commented on it too much yet because I feel I have missed something that might be back in the old topics. Would you like me to go through your posts and comment? :?

Ps By the way you are taking me out of context when I said:

"Stay away from the Technical discussions. :lol: :lol: or join in and try to learn but not complain."

but you quote only:

"stay away from technical discussions"

I think that makes a big difference.

BobEngineer:

Yes stay away from the charge button because it bites. :mrgreen: But the bloody thing helps save me fuel so I am game. :cool:

gwatpe:

go get em :lol:

BobEngineer:

Photo looks to be from Mad Max, yes? A great Australian invented movie series. Go us aussies. Oi Oi Oi. :lol:

and last but not least

westdevon:

Yes it was just my opinion.

Regards Trex.

Trex said:
Is this what we should put in front of our topics and posts. :roll: in this section if they get, guess what? Technical. :!:

I have noticed people complaining about its too complicated or words to that effect after they have read some of these posts in the "Technical discussions" section.

Well I can help.

Stay away from the Technical discussions. :lol: :lol: or join in and try to learn but not complain.

Everyone I think knows you can get into the PHEV and just drive it like every other car and even new owners will have had a test drive and been shown around by the dealers etc.

But please do not try to spoil it for others like myself who try to analyze this what I think is a great car the mighty Phev.

Or I suppose I could stay away if I want to discuss something technical in the Technical Discussions :idea:

Regards Trex.

As this seems to be in reaction to the original post @

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1882&start=50

Firstly I would state that the question posed was technical in nature and was in the right section of the forum.

I posted an opinion at the bottom of page 4 that as a forum member I am allowed to do.

However afterwards that escalated because someone decided to take a personal dig at me about "my moral obligations?".

You seem to have taken a negative view towards "my" comments (hence the creation of this topic), however fail to recognise the fact that a forum like this is no place for taking personal swipes at other individuals. Had this not occurred, then it wouldn't have escalated in the first place.

Also remember that there is an old saying that "sometimes the simplest answer is the best answer".

Trex said:
jthspace:

"Stay away from the Technical discussions. :lol: :lol: or join in and try to learn but not complain."
but you quote only: "stay away from technical discussions". I think that makes a big difference.

So, you think a couple of emotions make a difference? Anyone can type an insult, add a simey face and it makes it all O.K.?

Anyway, I was quoting the whole sentence up to and including the "period/full stop".

Reminds me of the two meanings of the following:

Eats shoots and leaves
Eats, shoots and leaves

The first being what a Panda does.
The second being what a Guy does.

Punctuation . . . ;)

Trex said:
Regulo:

:lol: :lol: You should ask questions I think we are all still learning. I know I am. But you might be having me on. ;)

Hi, Trex,

Yes, I'm partly having you on ;) . I like the technical explanations you techies give, and read them all. I'm just sorry I don't have the knowledge to keep up with the deeper analysis from the likes of yourself and Anko, particularly (other contributors are available). All very interesting stuff. Keep it coming.

Ozukus said:
Trex said:

Well I can help.

Regards Trex.

As this seems to be in reaction to the original post @

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1882&start=50

Firstly I would state that the question posed was technical in nature and was in the right section of the forum.

I posted an opinion at the bottom of page 4 that as a forum member I am allowed to do.

However afterwards that escalated because someone decided to take a personal dig at me about "my moral obligations?".

You seem to have taken a negative view towards "my" comments (hence the creation of this topic), however fail to recognise the fact that a forum like this is no place for taking personal swipes at other individuals. Had this not occurred, then it wouldn't have escalated in the first place.

Also remember that there is an old saying that "sometimes the simplest answer is the best answer".

Hi Ozukus good to talk with you again, :)

I had not seen your post before (bottom of page 4) but reading it now I am not sure I should get involved. From my perspective, as I read it, I do not take a negative view on your comment.

Are you still annoyed by what was written in the topic?

"sometimes the simplest answer is the best answer" . Totally agree. The old KISS principle. :lol:

Regards Trex.

jthspace said:
Trex said:
jthspace:

but you quote only: "stay away from technical discussions". I think that makes a big difference.

So, you think a couple of emotions make a difference? Anyone can type an insult, add a simey face and it makes it all O.K.?

Anyway, I was quoting the whole sentence up to and including the "period/full stop".

Reminds me of the two meanings of the following:

Eats shoots and leaves
Eats, shoots and leaves

The first being what a Panda does.
The second being what a Guy does.

Punctuation . . . ;)

Hey jthspace,

Please point me to your post where you think I may have insulted you. It may be the quickest way to solve this.

Otherwise this may go round and round. :lol:

Regards Trex.

Regulo said:
Trex said:
Regulo:

Hi, Trex,

Yes, I'm partly having you on ;) . I like the technical explanations you techies give, and read them all. I'm just sorry I don't have the knowledge to keep up with the deeper analysis from the likes of yourself and Anko, particularly (other contributors are available). All very interesting stuff. Keep it coming.

Hi Regulo,

Me a techie. :roll: Nah. I have a disease. I am a little kid stuck in a adult's body still trying to suck it all in. But the old brain is starting to show its limits :lol: :lol:

But seriously do not sell yourself short Regulo because you come across as what I would call a grounded sort of individual.

But the only advice I can give to anybody is:

"Do not be afraid to ask questions if you do not understand"

and the big one

"Be nice to your kids because they pick your nursing home" :lol: :lol:

Regards Trex.

When encouraging 6th Form students to ask questions . . . .

"There is no such thing a a stupid question, only a stupid answer"

Jeff

jthspace said:
When encouraging 6th Form students to ask questions . . . .

"There is no such thing a a stupid question, only a stupid answer"

Jeff

As proved on University Challenge last night when the answer Scotland instead of Finland was given for a Euro coin design and the contestant admitted he meant to say the correct answer. :oops:

Back