What sort of discounts have people been able to get?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badsimian

I am wanting to buy a PHEV, seen a Juro one up at 29K. I need to get a towbar fitted to it. What is the typical kind of discount one can expect?

I haven't bought a new car for years and years now. Dos getting it through PCP type financing affect any discounts? Are you generally better off just getting a loan somewhere else for it?

If you're borrowing money, I would suggest starting with your own bank, if you've been a good customer. If you have the right kind of mortgage, that's another route to low interest payments.

We were planning to buy brand new, and saw quite a lot of attractive deals, some linked to finance, but ended up with a six month old ex-demo car with only 4000 miles on the clock at around 25% under the list price for a new one.

Last car I bought I went in just before New Years eve. I had all the brochures, had printed off internet quotes. I knew the finance situation, 0% was being offered by the manufacturer. I explained what I wanted, the colour I wanted, with the engine/trim I wanted, body shape I wanted, and the price he had to beat. When the offer was put on the table I didn't fall for the 'I'll make you an offer for today only', I kindly responded with, 'If I come back tomorrow would you say no to closing this deal?'.
With 0% finance for 3 years, I got over 18% off the list price, this was back in the day when interest rates were 6%.

This wan't an Outlander, just a Focus, which will be 15 years old this February and everything (apart from the aircon) still works perfectly.

We looked at a Leaf earlier in the year to replace the Focus and was offered 35% for cash off list as the starting point, only reason we didn't go ahead was due to announcements put out by other manufacturers about longer range vehicles in the same week.

Mitsubushi have no problem shifting cars to lease companies, given the cheap leasing cost for fully maintained vehicles the discount and guaranteed RV must be huge.

I got 21% off the list price for a brand spanker. It's well worth checking out drivethedeal and carwow and knowing what deals people are willing to offer before you start negotiating.

Back