What's the color code for my black PHEV?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim

Can someone pleas help me and tell me, what is the color code for my black PHEV?
I find at least three codes for amethyst black (that's the name for our black, right?)

Or can somebody right away recommend the right repair pen for those small paint chips on the hood?

Page 12-02 in the manual tells you where to look. It's on a plate riveted to the bonnet.
4gnmso.jpg

Weird, but when I had the reversing sensors fitted, the fitter wanted the paint code so he could pre-spray them to match and I looked everywhere for the VIN plate that you have pointed out above, and in the manual. BUT, it isn't there on my car. The fitter spoke to Mitsubishi in the end and got the code. Next time I am near the dealer, I will ask him . . .

Jeff

p.s. I see in your "sig" you want to know where your nuke powered car is? My bro-in-law was working with nuclear batteries 15 years ago, the main problem is some idiot would probably cut one open to see how they work . . . . mind you, they had a half-life of 25 years or more, so you wouldn't have to look for a charge point very often.

Found it at the exact spot as mentioned in the manual. Thanks for pointing it to me!

The color code is X42

I found that code for amethyst black before on two or three online shops pages, but they all stated, that it was only used from 1999 'till 2012, that's what confused me...

Thanks people.

Regulo said:
jthspace said:
My bro-in-law was working with nuclear batteries 15 years ago, the main problem is some idiot would probably cut one open to see how they work . . . .
That'd be me, then! :lol:

Arguably with our energy dependence on our new Chinese friends, its only the flying bit you're still waiting for :lol:

Back