WiFi reset procedure (Step by Step)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my understanding is that the WiFi reset procedure would clear previously registered devices and probably reset the module to factory. Then you can register your device and away you go. Worked fine on my android phone tho I've yet to try changing the SSID/password so far.

Yes, to the above.

You don't need to contact anyone to remove the previous registrations.

Just follow the procedure to 'unregister'

Bladevane said:
After buying a new iPhone I was struggling to reconnect with the Remote App. until I came across these instructions (thanks to iNprum from Speak EV forum).

If like me you have had problems trying to find out how to remove old devices here's how:

1. Enter car, close door, no foot on Brake!
2. press power switch once ( gives orange light )
3. Put Hazard's on (the switch marked with a triangle)
4. Press the Lock and unlock buttons on remote total of ten times start with Lock, so lock - unlock etc
5. Now do same again but 20 times ( you should hear a single bleep )

this will clear all devices from the car / app

AndyInOz said:
Yes, to the above.

You don't need to contact anyone to remove the previous registrations.

Just follow the procedure to 'unregister'

Bladevane said:
After buying a new iPhone I was struggling to reconnect with the Remote App. until I came across these instructions (thanks to iNprum from Speak EV forum).

If like me you have had problems trying to find out how to remove old devices here's how:

1. Enter car, close door, no foot on Brake!
2. press power switch once ( gives orange light )
3. Put Hazard's on (the switch marked with a triangle)
4. Press the Lock and unlock buttons on remote total of ten times start with Lock, so lock - unlock etc
5. Now do same again but 20 times ( you should hear a single bleep )

this will clear all devices from the car / app

Yes, it worked when I was away from house Wi-Fi and had Warning Lights on ( I didn't have at previous attempts). So I had single beep at the end. But when I'm following re-registration procedure WiFi pairing progress is interrupted by the same Error Code 2103. But I think I haven't turned car off after reset procedure 😬

ThudnBlundr said:
Read Richi's FAQ, section E3. It takes you through all the necessary procedures

Hooray! This worked for me. I've been trying to fix this problem for a year... where I could not register my new phone. The dealer spent over an hour one day trying to fix it. I don't think they had a clue that I might of had two phones registered (mine and my wife's). I explained that I had to add a new phone. Un-registering the old phones never entered their vocabulary.

I even searched Mitsubishi service bulletins on this and found nothing that worked.

Thank you. I do believe I will read the rest of the article as it does address some other nagging questions I have had.

Back