Wind Deflectors

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkh112

The reduction in ev range with the aircon engaged is noticeable and so I have been driving around town with the window lowered instead of using aircon.
This got me to thinking about wind deflectors which would allow the window to be dropped slightly at higher speeds without turbulence and should also allow the car to be parked with the windows slightly lowered to keep cool in the Summer.
Looking around it seems that the 2 most popular makes of deflectors in the UK are Climair and Heko. Climair are about twice the price of Heko but seem to have a reputation for better quality. Unfortunately only Heko list the PHEV shape of outlander in their catalogue, so I had no choice.
I bought a set of 4 Heko wind deflectors which cost around £30. These are the ones which slide inside the window channel, not the sort which stick to the outside of the door frame.
I was a bit nervous about fitting them as they seem a bit fragile and I did not want to damage the new car!
They went on very easily, took only 10 minutes. They easily push into the window channels, secured by some double sided tape and are then secured with a number of push in clips.
On my black PHEV they are hardly noticeable as they are dark tinted.
Not had a chance to try them out properly yet but if anyone is interested I can report back.

Hi
They sound interesting - I am also finding using the air con is impacting my ev range and wasn't sure whether opening the windows was better or not. Can you please post some pics?
Ta
H

Hi
The rule of thumb I've always applied is that upto about 40mph keep the windows down and above that close the windows and use A/C as the increased wind resistance from having windows down costs as much or more than using A/C.
My mileage drops from about 30 miles without A/C to about 24 miles with A/C.
Kind regards
Mark

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/vehicles/outlander-phev/accessories

I've had weather shields installed on my vehicle, but used only once on a sunny afternoon, as we're barely coming out of winter. In combination with a slightly open sunroof, appeared to reduce internal heat, but too soon to tell.

Grrrrr :evil:. You guys (in Oz) get so many more accessories than we do. And better ones too (as it seems do European markets) - your boot protector looks way better than ours, and you get the choice of a black one too - just do not understand Mitsi's policy on this :? .

I agree with maddogsetc great range of add-ons. I fancy the spoiler and the seat covers. Come on Mitsu UK, lets have the same options!

maddogsetc said:
Grrrrr :evil:. You guys (in Oz) get so many more accessories than we do. And better ones too (as it seems do European markets) - your boot protector looks way better than ours, and you get the choice of a black one too - just do not understand Mitsi's policy on this :? .

+1.....I certainly would have prefered the non-UK rear bumper protector and would have added a spoiler and side protection bars..........if they were available to the UK!

I had a problem sourcing the side protection strips - and they are rather thin strips more for show than real protection, so I was told. Anyhow, the dealer could not obtain them pre delivery, and they could not specify availability, shifting the blame on MMAL. So I had to do without the strips, and got a refund.

Whereas we have all those goodies, you guys are one-up on the Aussies, as we don't get LDW, folding mirrors or DRLs, even as options. :twisted:

Back