Wiper Trick!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Just thought I would share.

Over the Christmas period I discovered a new trick (to me anyway) involving the washer wiper. I have been holding on to the wiper stick to operate it while needing to clean the windows, this is fine if you want a constant stream of fluid and the wipers to go at the same time. However if your lights are on then you will wash your headlights weather you want to or not. But flicking/operating the wiper stick quickly once, you then get 4 pulses of the washer fluid with wipers and regardless of weather the lights are on or off you don't activate the headlight washers! alternatively flick/operate the wiper stick quickly twice you get a constant timed flow of fluid with wipers and again regardless of weather the lights are on or off you don't activate the headlight washers!

It is in the manual but not very well explained. Anyone found other combinations?

Sharky said:
However if your lights are on then you will wash your headlights weather you want to or not. But flicking/operating the wiper stick quickly once, you then get 4 pulses of the washer fluid with wipers and regardless of weather the lights are on or off you don't activate the headlight washers!
Hi,
I'm pretty sure this also washes the headlights as long as they are turned on.
Kind regards,
Mark

the light washes only once thince ignition is on (Car started)
for further wash action on lights you must push the button on the (left) controlstick of light/turn signals

edit: ah just saw; it seems that this is only for german models and Xenon-lights

Just went out side to clarify things.
fbitc my have a piont about it only washing the headlights on start up, but I did get similar results as described before. Will give it another go tomorrow under normal driving conditions and see what I get.

I did read somewhere that under European law all xenon lights have to have a means with which to keep the light/lens clean. In my UK manual it says the wiper tricks are not available in Russia and a couple of other countries. I wonder why?

Back