Yet another thread about charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TC1978

And my apologies, I have searched!

I have a PHEV, at last, and my wife has ordered a Renault Zoe, which is coming in March. Renault install a dedicated charge point at your home as part of the (astonishingly good value) deal, is the charger cable the same type as the PHEV (i.e. can I use it as well)?

I've Googled but am getting conflicting reports. The ports look identical, at least?

A Zoe uses a type 2 connector, where we use a type 1. So, unless you use an adapter cable / connector, you cannot use a tethered charge station that was designed for a Zoe.

If you could get an untethered station, you could use it for both cars, but you would need different charge cables for each car.

Not that it is difficult to make an adapter cable. However, with the PHEV needing something like 3-4 hours, and the Zoe presumably something similar, it would mean setting an alarm clock to change the charger over in the middle of the night.

jaapv said:
Not that it is difficult to make an adapter cable. However, with the PHEV needing something like 3-4 hours, and the Zoe presumably something similar, it would mean setting an alarm clock to change the charger over in the middle of the night.
When you are home from work at 6PM, the PHEV can be done at 9:30 PM. What time do you go to bed? :lol:

Thanks folks.

I wonder if I can get the grant to get another fitted? I think Renault underwrite the Zoe charger totally.

Merry Xmas

Back