Yikes I can't charge!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryP

So every thing has been wonderful, and it's been 3 months since I had to put any flammable smelly stuff in the side of the car.... But now my charger is dead, I'm still using the mistbishi 3 pin one and it's been fine, now it's got no lights, the fuse is fine as is the socket so it must be the unit.

Question is has this happened to anyone else and is the cable covered under the warranty?

I don't fancy shelling out £300 big ones for a replacement when I don't pay for petrol in the first place.

My cable from socket to charger (the short part) got worn out resulting in no power to the charger unit and I had to replace it which I did myself. Now I believe this is under warranty so you should be able to get a replacement charger or at least have it repaired. I was not keen on waiting for new gear so I spent a few hours and fixed it on my own.

Thanks guys, the garage agree with Anko, stress on the short end has caused a short, flexing the cable will get power to flow for a moment.

They have ordered a new one under warranty with no question, which is great so kudos to MB Mitsubishi in Bradford.

Hopefully It comes tomorrow and I can get 6 months in without filling up.

Maybe I should get a proper home unit installed now, are they still free from anywhere? It doesn't make sense to pay to fit one based on my usage.

Harry

Back