TMC advice

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichM

Hi,

Seeking some TMC advice please...

I have had a bit of a search around on here and on Google and can's seem to find the answer. The TMC on my PHEV works very rarely and it seems to be linked to it 'forgetting' the station. By that I mean that more often than not when I touch the TMC icon on the screen or go to it via Navi settings it is showing as 'no station'. I press the search for station button and sometimes this works (although if it does it seems to take an age!). Even if it does, as I say, it seems then to 'forget' the station.

Has anyone any advice/cracked this?

Richard

Zoom the map right out so that you can see most of Britain, then try it. As I understand it, and this seems to be backed up by experience, the MMC only considers traffic data that can be displayed on the visible map. If you press the TMC button and there are no traffic incidents within the displayed map area, then it offers to search for, or let you select, an alternative source of traffic data. I find this one of the most irritating aspects of the MMC design.

From my experience the TMC only reports traffic problems when you have a ROUTE selected - i.e. you have set a destination in the SAT NAV....

dgmulti said:
From my experience the TMC only reports traffic problems when you have a ROUTE selected - i.e. you have set a destination in the SAT NAV....

That is because my previous post was a bit of a oversimplification. The MMC only reports traffic incidents if they are either visible on the screen, or if they impact your route if the satnav has a destination set. In practice, we generally run with the map zoomed in quite close in order to be able to see local detail and this means that TMC data seldom shows up on it and we only are aware of it if a destination is set.

From my recent 2600km womble across France and Germany I can confirm that the TMC shows "events" across the displayed map area and not just on the planned route. Also, pleased to report 4 or 5 intstances where the TMV recognised a "changed traffic situation" and asked if I wanted to accept an alternative route that it displayed as an option.

Back