Android Auto wireless

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS2115

Hi.
My Android Auto works on my 2020 Outlander PHEV through the bluetooth and cable connection.

I'd like to use Android Auto through the wireless connection if possible but I cannot find info if the outlander is compatible.
It does have wireless as evidenced by the Outlander remote software which I don't use as its such a rigmarole to connect up but if the Android Auto is an automatic connection when the car starts up it would be okay.

My Phone is a Pixel 6 running Android 13 and the AA version is 9.6.632054. From what I can find, its compatible with a wi-fi connection.

So if anyone knows if my Outlander touch screen unit is compatible and how to initialise the wireless connection, I'd appreciate the advice or a link to an instruction site of video perhaps.

Hello and thank you.
Neat.
I do already have a 12v Cig USB 3 output charger which tops my Pixel 6 up very quickly - unlike the snails pace of the Outlanders USB 2.
Its one of the reasons I wanted to go wireless, so the charging cable could plug into the phone instead of the car.

But I guess with what your saying about needing the Motorola unit is that the Mitsubishi media unit does not have the ability to connect wirelessly itself despite the vehicle having a wi-fi hotspot for their remote Mitsubishi App.

So I have to find this adaptor and find a place for it and still use the cars USB 2 port with my cig charger supplying power to both my phone and the adaptor.

SS2115 said:
Hello and thank you.
Neat.
I do already have a 12v Cig USB 3 output charger which tops my Pixel 6 up very quickly - unlike the snails pace of the Outlanders USB 2.
Its one of the reasons I wanted to go wireless, so the charging cable could plug into the phone instead of the car.

But I guess with what your saying about needing the Motorola unit is that the Mitsubishi media unit does not have the ability to connect wirelessly itself despite the vehicle having a wi-fi hotspot for their remote Mitsubishi App.

So I have to find this adaptor and find a place for it and still use the cars USB 2 port with my cig charger supplying power to both my phone and the adaptor.

It's hard to see in that photo, but the cig charger has one more open port (a USB C port). Since I have wireless charging in my 2023 MOPHEV, I haven't tested this, but you could possibly use that port to charge the phone, while the cig charger's USB 3 is used to supply power to the Y cable.

duaneger said:
It's hard to see in that photo, but the cig charger has one more open port (a USB C port). Since I have wireless charging in my 2023 MOPHEV, I haven't tested this, but you could possibly use that port to charge the phone, while the cig charger's USB 3 is used to supply power to the Y cable.

My cig charger also has a C and 2 usb ports but I'd be wanting to use the C for charging the phone as its higher amps and accordingly quicker which is my aim of going wireless. ie: the vehicle usb port is quite weak and very slow to charge the phone.

I have a 2018, I got a wireless Android Auto adapter from Amazon in the summer and it works perfectly.

Back