In Car Access to MyQ Garage Door Openner

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpetro

I just purchased a new 2023 Outlander PHEV - so far I very pleased with my purchase. It's my 4th Mitsubishi vehicle - always been impressed with the durability, quality and functionality.

However, with this one, I setup My Mitsubishi Connect app with a subscription to MyQ Connected Garage. The garage door control functionality works fine works fine from either my Android phone when accessing it from the My Mitsubishi Connect app or the MyQ app. I am trying to figure out how to easily access it from the car's Infotainment screen. Otherwise if I have to use my phone to open or close the garage doors, their is no reason to to subscribe to a connection between the My Mitsubishi Connect app and the MyQ app.

Because I have an Android phone, I do not normally drive the car with the phone wired to a USB port. I prefer not to have to wire it in every time I get in and out of my car. But I have tried using it with Android Auto and still can't find a way to get an ICON to allow me to control the garage doors.

Hoping someone can help me get this functionality on the car's dashboard.

Thank you ,
Jim

A possible workaround is to get one of the new Android Auto wireless adapters with full/standalone Android mode. Then you don't have to rely on Android Auto, and would also have the wireless connection. They are few (just two last time I looked) and expensive, though.

Thank you, I actually just ordered one of the wireless adapters.

Do you know if you have to use Android Auto to get access to get access MyQ Garage in the infotainment console? I would think because it is about a $30 / year subscription for a connection to My Mitsubishi Connect app it would offer a widget on the Infotainment console. without have the need to use Android Auto. Otherwise I am not seeing the value in the subscriptions if you have to use the phone interface.

Appreciate your insight.
Regards,
Jim

In my opinion this is one of the glaring mistakes Mitsubishi made. The Homelink system should have been designed in and not the Mitsubishi connect method of opening and closing the garage door. I have an iPhone 13 and a 2023 Outlander PHEV. I have had the MyQ app on my phone for years. I rarely used it in the past. The handshake between the Mitsubishi app and the myQ app is glitchy, I have to re-log in to the Mitsubishi app every time I use the car, (if I need to open or close the garage door from the infotainment screen), and the support sux for the app. Mitsubishi really missed the ball on this one. Otherwise I am happy with the car, Except, why no autodimming driver side mirror? The rear view has that. Two things left off the car that are so standard issue on every other car for the last 25 years.

In my opinion this is one of the glaring mistakes Mitsubishi made. The Homelink system should have been designed in and not the Mitsubishi connect method of opening and closing the garage door. I have an iPhone 13 and a 2023 Outlander PHEV. I have had the MyQ app on my phone for years. I rarely used it in the past. The handshake between the Mitsubishi app and the myQ app is glitchy, I have to re-log in to the Mitsubishi app every time I use the car, (if I need to open or close the garage door from the infotainment screen), and the support sux for the app. Mitsubishi really missed the ball on this one. Otherwise I am happy with the car, Except, why no autodimming driver side mirror? The rear view has that. Two things left off the car that are so standard issue on every other car for the last 25 years.
Also have a 2023 Outlander PHEV for last 2 months, I agree about the Homelink system. Accessing myQ through Mitsu Services in a pain in the neck when using Android Auto. You need to have your MyMitsu app running on your cell phone, then navigate multiple screens. This is hardly a step up in technology! Have a '95 3000GT Spyder with a learning console in it - works perfect! Sad they took a step back.

Totally agree!! My Wife has to open her IPhone before starting the car to get the garage door opening function to work and even then it is flaky at best! Paying a subscription fee for this feature is a ripoff! For awhile I was able to get it working via Siri commands using the Livekey app but that is no longer supported and hasn’t worked in months! We ended up buying another garage door remote and clipped it on to the drivers visor.

I think all the cars we have owned in last 20 years had built in Homelink. My current 2014 F150, 2018 Rogue SL and 2004 BMW 330CI all have them. Just bought a used 2023 Outlander PHEV. Shocked it does not have Homelink built in. Subscribed to the MyQ link app to Mitsubishi Connect for $3/month. Thought it would be a replacement. What a joke! Have to have MyQ app on phone open first. Tried it a couple times but immediately cancelled the subscription. Bought a door remote to hang on the visor just like the old days. Was hoping could find a used Nissan rearview mirror with Homelink (like our Nissan has). But it looks like the plug in back of mirror is different than the Mitsubishi is. Love the car so far but leaving out Homelink is pathetic

Agree. Totally stupid that this car lacks this common feature. I don’t like having my remote garage door opener in the car. A smash and grab gives a bad guy access to my garage and potentially the house depending on the time of day. So my start routine is, close the Mitsu connected drive app on my phone, log in again so the handshake happens, (not always), so I can close the garage door. Oh and I have to do that again when I am on my return home trip. I wish the MyQ app would appear in the apple car play screen. Then I could bypass the Mitsubishi connected app altogether. Simple fix to a stupid problem.

Stupid mistake Mitsubishi. I wonder if they read these forums.

Just bought an 2024 outlander PHEV. I have an iPhone and Mitsubishi connect set up with MyQ. Where is the app in the infotainment system? I’m connecting my iPhone wirelessly, but do not see the app in Apple CarPlay. That makes this whole process completely useless.

Just bought an 2024 outlander PHEV. I have an iPhone and Mitsubishi connect set up with MyQ. Where is the app in the infotainment system? I’m connecting my iPhone wirelessly, but do not see the app in Apple CarPlay. That makes this whole process completely useless.
So I totally gave up on the Mitsubishi connect app to communicate with the MyQ app. This is an example of the most botched use of software in the history of connected driving. I paid $30 for the ability to connect with the MyQ app and it completely failed three weeks ago. I went back to putting a clicker on my sunvisor like I did in the 1970s when driving a car. Most ridiculous situation I could imagine for a modern car and a modern car company. This was the dealers recommendation as well. Everybody has given up on this feature.

Same experience and solution. Surely they know about this and could fix the app or offer a hardware solution. My 2014 F150 has a small Homelink device built in to the drivers sun visor. Out 2018 Rogue we just sold had the buttons built into the rearview mirror

This is pretty infuriating because I paid $30 to make this work in the infotainment system. You can see this working on MyQ and Mitsubishi web pages and YouTube videos, yet I have no icon/app/ability to open the garage within the vehicle even though I have set up everything as directed. See the links below for an example.

https://www.myq.com/auto/mitsubishi

I don't see a services menu or anything like what is in the pictured on the pages or the video. I was hesitant to pay the money just to open the garage, but I figured I give it a try for a year. Now I'm back to using an old fashion clicker, out $30, and not happy with what appears to be a money grab by Mitsubishi for something that we should get for free.

Back