New PHEV (2019 model) | Locking doors when starting the car

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remi

Hi all,
I'm a new owner of a PHEV Outlander (sport version) . I got it at the beginning of August and I love the car.
With the help of my dealer I'm trying to figure out how is it possible to auto lock the doors when the car starts moving.

I've seen on this forum older posts about this topic but those seem to be related to older versions of the car.

My dealer plugged it in the computer and say they can't see any options to do so.

Does anybody know anything about this issue? Any tips?

Thanks

You can't. Blame the EU!

I think one French Fireman complained that the auto unlock function had broken in a serious RTC so they banned newly designed cars from doing it.

Search the site, you will find many references to this.

Thanks for your replies. I know it's not that hard to press a button but I tend to forget. I live in a country where car jacking is not uncommon.

I don't believe its an EU regulation thingy. All cars I drove in the past 4 years in Europe (rented for most of them in Fra,Ita,Ger,Lux) had this option by default: Renault, Audi, Merc, Citroen, Jag, Skoda, Nissan etc.. if it was a EU regulation it would be the same for all recent cars.

I believe there's something else.

When you look at the different options available for when to unlock the doors, you can see engineers put some thought into it. I don't think they might have missed the option to when to lock the doors. It's either a regulation (see above) or for some reasons it's hidden deep down in the system.

Wow, why people writing, if they know nothing?!

It is still possible to code this in the ETCAS, but Mitsubishi has not adopted the Software from the gasoline times.
This means, the doors will lock, if the ICE is starting, not when the car is in EV mode.

Because of this, I coded it back to normale.

A fair question, Mitch, but another question might be - why say it's possible, but then not supply more detailed instructions?

Ignore my comment about the French Fireman, that’s just my British sarcastic humour.

However, since I joined the site in early 2016 when I got my face lifted car, there have been numerous threads asking this question and all have the same basic answer.

The car does not have this option for the user to select and your dealer, using the approved MMC computer connections and software can’t turn it on either. However, if you are prepared to rewrite some of the car’s code (i.e. hack), then it can be done.

There are many users of this site, from all parts of the world, who clearly have the skills to do this, I am not one of them. Personally, while your car is under warranty, I’d leave well alone, after that, why not.

Darkflow said:

A fair question, Mitch, but another question might be - why say it's possible, but then not supply more detailed instructions?

What do you mean?

I explained, it can be coded in ETACS.
I will not (again) explain how to code the ETACS, this is done many many times on various websites incl. this forum.

Steel188 said:
Ignore my comment about the French Fireman, that’s just my British sarcastic humour.

However, since I joined the site in early 2016 when I got my face lifted car, there have been numerous threads asking this question and all have the same basic answer.

The car does not have this option for the user to select and your dealer, using the approved MMC computer connections and software can’t turn it on either. However, if you are prepared to rewrite some of the car’s code (i.e. hack), then it can be done.

There are many users of this site, from all parts of the world, who clearly have the skills to do this, I am not one of them. Personally, while your car is under warranty, I’d leave well alone, after that, why not.

Again, please don't write wrong informations!

The car has this option, it is just not activated!
It has nothing to do with "hacking"!

Coding of the ETACS can be done by Mitsubishi MUT SW or ETACS Decoder for example.
It is absolut easy and warranty is not infected in any way!

If you have no clue, just stop writing!

I apologised for my sarcastic comment, now get down off your high horse.

If something cannot be done by the user in the onboard menu, or by the dealer using their stand issue kit, it shouldn't be done while the car is under warranty.

If the OP finds someone as knowledeable as you to acces their cars programmining to make this change, but then needs to make a claim under the warranty for anything related to the locks, and the dealer finds this function is active, here in the UK MMCUK would have no trouble refusing to pay.

After the warranty has ended, and everything is at the owner's risk, why not? Get it done and enjoy.

I'm not on a high horse and just know, what I'm talking about.
I'm doing this for many many years on many different brands.

And again, it will NOT affect the warranty in any way!!

The dealer can do this as well. It is just an option to turn on.
And because it is an option (which is enabled in some countries by default), there is no "magic" about this.

Please inform your self, before writing nonsense.

Your dealer or anyone with MUT can code the doors to lock automatically when the car gets over 15 kmh / 10 mph I believe.

Your dealer or anyone with MUT can code the doors to lock automatically when the car gets over 15 kmh / 10 mph I believe.
I can believe that that is supported, but I don't think it is what the OP was asking for. It is a common requirement for vehicles being used as taxis to lock the doors as it starts to move - to avoid accidents where a passenger falls out of a moving car - but they unlock again when the car stops. If you've ever ridden in a London Black Cab, you will have heard the doors locking and unlocking frequently in stop-start traffic. But this is almost the exact opposite of what the OP was looking for!

Martin

Back