Track Order & wifi extender

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mst360

Hi,

Have owned my Outlander for just over 6 weeks now - loving it, and the economy. There are a couple of really small niggles I can't seem to sort out, and wondered if anyone else has the same issues or a work around?

Firstly, no matter what I try (tagging the MP3, renaming the files to start with the track number in 2 digit format) - my albums never seem to play in correct track order, but revert to alphabetical order - am I missing something here, or does anyone have any tips?

Second thing, I've been battling to get my wifi extender to work - I can join it to the outlander OK, and then connect from my phone to the car with it, but the next time I go into the app it seems to not work anymore - again does anyone have any pointers?

Have tried searching both in this forum, and the wider net, but have yet to find anything to help.

You have to prioritise the car network on your iPhone, otherwise it will go for your home network or any other it knows.

http://nootrix.com/2012/01/prioritize-wifi-on-iphone/

mst360 said:
Hi,

Have owned my Outlander for just over 6 weeks now - loving it, and the economy. There are a couple of really small niggles I can't seem to sort out, and wondered if anyone else has the same issues or a work around?

Second thing, I've been battling to get my wifi extender to work - I can join it to the outlander OK, and then connect from my phone to the car with it, but the next time I go into the app it seems to not work anymore - again does anyone have any pointers?

Have tried searching both in this forum, and the wider net, but have yet to find anything to help.

No idea on your first problem so it got snipped!

Second problem though maybe we can help? Where does the problem lie? Between your phone and the extender? Between the extender and the car? Or in the app? Or none of these!

mst360 said:
Firstly, no matter what I try (tagging the MP3, renaming the files to start with the track number in 2 digit format) - my albums never seem to play in correct track order, but revert to alphabetical order - am I missing something here, or does anyone have any tips?

I have found that you need to rename the track name / tag to include the 01 / 02....so not the file name itelf...but the tag where the song title is held. That has worked for me.

I have the same problem with my WiFi extender.

I have the Asus RP-AC52 set up to connect to the car, and then extend the network using the original SSID + _RPT on the end.

When I set it up I can connect and use the app just fine. But after a while, I still can connect to the WiFi, but the app never connects to the car. The repeater shows two out of three LEDs on the 2.4 GHz, meaning it seems to have OK connection.

Have anyone found a repeater that works 100 %?

-KJ

Thanks for the replies - will give the MP3 renaming a go, hopefully that's an easy win.

As for the extender - it appears to work initially - I can connect the extender to the car (have tried giving it the same name with "_ext" on the end, and the same name as the outlander) - and initially connecting to the car via the extender works - so it'll pair with the android app just fine. Then as soon as I quit the app and next come to use it, it just complains about not being able to connect, even though when I check the wifi I can see the extender signal..

Frustrating - not sure if I'm either doing something fundamentally wrong, or have a duff type of extender (it's a TP-Link TL-WA750RE) - but on that front I'd have thought it's just sitting there repeating the packets, so not much to go wrong if it initially works...

jevel said:
Have anyone found a repeater that works 100 %?

-KJ

i've read through several threads with many replies saying what could theoretically be done, or what should be done, or saying its been done on a dutch forum, but has anyone here actually managed to extend the PHEV wifi? - And if yes, could you please say what exact model of repeater / extender you are using. I'm struggling with the security layer on the PHEV not matching my first choice of repeater (an old Netgear DGN2200 switched to repeater mode) then a plug and play repeater that needed me to press the WPS button on the PHEV (which clearly I can't). I'm quite happy to go and buy another repeater but has anyone else got it to work yet?

thanks, and apologies to OP for semi-hijacking an old thread.

A quick followup on my original post.

I have now found out that what happens after a while is the car WiFi messing up, not the extender.

If I reset the car WiFi and then reregister my mobile device, all is well again. (For a while...)

-KJ

Back