sipaldi

cannot connect phone app

Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:30 am

Hi All,
Trying to connect my android S9 to a MY19 and keep getting the error 2021 message. Any ideas anyone?

I have the car in accessory mode, door closed, keyfob 10 times, hear the bleep, select the remote vehicle on my phone, hit the password. Error 2021. Tried it a few times both at home and away from home in case my wifi was interfering.

Nibbo

Re: cannot connect phone app

Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:40 am

Official MMC answer if you haven't already seen it (not a great deal of help):

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/pr ... rcode.html

As a programmer I think it is very lazy to give generic error messages; the link lists 6 possibilities so why not 6 error codes with 6 different specific error message!!! Rant over...

sipaldi

Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:00 am

Thanks for that,
What would "vehicle out of range" mean? Does it have to be near my home wifi?

I did notice there were other phones previously connected to my vehicle so I deleted them all except one as I was not sure what it was. Maybe I should delete that too and try again with just my own phone showing on the screen?

Nibbo

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:46 am

sipaldi wrote:I did notice there were other phones previously connected to my vehicle so I deleted them
I don't think you can actually see which phones are registered with the Wi-Fi, just the Bluetooth ones in MMCS as far as I know.

When you do the key fob thing how many beeps do you hear?
It should be one long beep to confirm that the system is in the registration mode and then short beeps to count the connected devices; NB: it only supports 2 devices.
If you want to remove all previously registered devices you do the shut doors, go into accessory mode and then do the key fob on/off thing 20 times.

I think 'Vehicle out of range' just means you are not close enough to the Wi-Fi device in the car which is in one of the rear pillars.
Should be OK if you are in the drivers seat !

sipaldi

Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 am

Thanks Nibbo, yes I probably just deleted the previous bluetooth connections.

I just hear one short beep?

I will try the keyfob 20 times then and start over.

Thank you

Nibbo

Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:57 am

One beep means it is in the correct mode to register a new device and there are no other devices currently registered so you should be good to go.
You have to be fairly quick as I think there is a 10 second activation window from accessory mode to completion.

One last thing to check; have you definitely got the correct (latest) version of the app?
There are 3 but this is the latest one [ https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... c.iMobile2 ].
I think the other 2 versions have been dropped by the Play Store now.

The only other possibility is that the password is no longer valid; this happens when they applied a security patch but being an MY19 that should not apply.
I used the MMC online enquiry form to get a copy of my SSID and password which they emailed straight back to me so may be worth trying that also if all else fails.

sipaldi

Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:13 am

Thanks again Nibbo,
Yes I have the correct app.

I think I am taking longer than 10 seconds to enter the password for sure. Maybe thats it then?

Mine is a 2.4 68 plate, December, so I assume its an MY19?

sipaldi

Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:46 am

Tried all I can think of now, no joy. Cars going to the dealers tomorrow to have the window fault looked at, I will ask them if they can connect it.

AndyInOz

Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Enter the password in advance, as per the instructions that I've posted earlier.
2014 PHEV Aspire, Arctic Silver;
Black Interior;
Hayman Reese removable tow bar;
1.5kW Solar, grid connected.

sipaldi

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:01 am

Turns out the vehicle had to have a new passcode plus my android S9 did not have the "device visible" setting on. Took around an hour to figure it out at the dealers.

Thanks for the input folks.

Return to “Technical Discussions”