Electrical outlet - "Trailer hitch"

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBucketResidence

Hello.

I took my car (Outlander 5-s PHEV 4WD) to the shop for a regular service, and they wrote out an offer to "correctly wire" the electrical outlet for the Trailer hitch. Since its a recent used-car purchase, i contacted the company that i purchased the car from to ask them to pay up! They tell me i need to provide details on "how it should be wired correctly" :lol: I can add that the shop told me, that the way the electrics are wired are not up to standard, and may cause damage to the vehicles electronics.

Lastly the shop does not want to tell the dealer any details on the matter :lol:

Soo, i know its wired through a fusebox - but apparently its not good enough.

Is there, any schematics i can look for that will describe how this is supposed to be wired? In the offer from the shop i see they want to change the wire harness (13pin cable).
Does the car not come with this by standard?

Hi there, you probably need to provide more information about your car model before owners can comment on what is or is not standard.

I can tell you that mine did not come standard with a tow-bar, or a socket, both of these and the appropriate wiring harness were provided by the after-market supplier.

One thing to watch out for... it is possible to wire up the car in a way that disables the rear parking sensors if there is anything plugged into the trailer socket.

I chose not to do that, instead relying on the switch on the dashboard to turn off the sensors as required.

I have regretted this choice.

:D

Hey man, thanks for the reply :)

Yeah now i see, its the socket im talking about.
I will see what should be done, will need to see what kind of harness is used today when i get the car back myself then.
I also need to start looking for a Haynes manual for the PHEV i belive hehe

Back