Does the aerial come off easily?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maby

Hi all,

we're coming close to putting in a order - been on a test drive and loved it! One question which we forgot to ask, so perhaps one of you lucky folk that have already taken delivery can help - does the aerial come off easily? My wife is a keen windsurfer and we transport her board on the roof rack. Looking at the pictures of the Outlander, I get the impression that the radio aerial will foul the board while it's on top - can we unscrew it without the need for special tools?

It would be a pity to have to abandon plans to buy such an impressive car for something so apparently trivial, but if we cannot transport the board, we probably cannot buy the car!

Oh, excellent - many thanks! Will get our order in sometime over the next few weeks.

Has anyone fitted a different aerial yet? Frustratingly, the OEM aerial is 5cm too long for my garage so I have to try to remember to unscrew it every time. ideally I would like a shark fin or jointed version but have no idea how easy it would be to replace.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

FrancoPHEV said:
Has anyone fitted a different aerial yet? Frustratingly, the OEM aerial is 5cm too long for my garage so I have to try to remember to unscrew it every time. ideally I would like a shark fin or jointed version but have no idea how easy it would be to replace.

also, an interesting question to me. new antenna must have DAB, NAV, Radio, ...?

FrancoPHEV said:

Me too! I tried a smaller "bee-sting" stubby, but it was hopeless. Any advice on a smaller one (that works) would be most helpful.

We had an issue with the aerial getting caught on the garage door every time. Not a big deal just annoying. I unscrewed it and replaced with a shark fin one I purchased from ebay. Simple to do and personally I think it looks better. Check out ebay.

Tubbsy99 said:
We had an issue with the aerial getting caught on the garage door every time. Not a big deal just annoying. I unscrewed it and replaced with a shark fin one I purchased from ebay. Simple to do and personally I think it looks better. Check out ebay.

Does it work OK? On FM and DAB? Got a link for us, there's hundreds of them!

So Maby, how did it go with a board on the roof?

My youngest races a bic techno so we'll be car topping quite a bit. Did you need to remove the aerial?

Tweeds said:
So Maby, how did it go with a board on the roof?

My youngest races a bic techno so we'll be car topping quite a bit. Did you need to remove the aerial?

Haven't tried yet - by the time the Outlander arrived, it was getting a bit chilly for surfing

Back