paintless dent removal

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelica02

Hi! Got my PHEV just over a month, but im one of those who are unfortunate enough
to fall victim to other inconsiderate drivers who open their doors who doesnt care if they dent the
car next to them.
Question is, is there someone here who can recommend a good and hopefully cheap dent removal company,
particularly covers the london area.
Thanks

MY2016 Gx4h
white pearl

I remember the dent doctor once did good repairs at good price. Google it is best

2014 4hs. Frost white

Makes you really, REALLY angry doesn't it? Best find your local "repair at your premises" outfits online, and get as many quotes as possible in the time you have available. I found prices varied considerably around this part of Essex, and didn't go for the cheapest, they just didn't have the right attitude! The outfit I did use made a perfect repair, completely undetectable. ChipsAway, if you have a local operator.

I had a cyclist pull up alongside me and lean against the rear post and leave a little dent where he put pressure on the bodywork.

Most annoying indeed, but I'd pained to pay anyone to fix it until I can combine with the inevitable supermarket door dings that I'm just waiting for..

Regards

Neil

It dents much more easily than any other car I've ever owned - the main body panels seem to be made out of tin foil!

maby said:
It dents much more easily than any other car I've ever owned - the main body panels seem to be made out of tin foil!

Got to agree. Have mine on lease and going to have a nice bill at the end to get someone in to repair small dents and stone chips it seems to be picking up at every opportunity.

Body work is thin on all Mitsubishi cars I think, currently got a ASX and is full of small dents, paint also poor on the car, hope my phev is better, get it next week :D

TallPaul said:
maby said:

Got to agree. Have mine on lease and going to have a nice bill at the end to get someone in to repair small dents and stone chips it seems to be picking up at every opportunity.

Mine is the same! This cant be right! i have had 10 year old cars with nowhere near as many dents my outlander has in 5 months!

StevePHEV said:
TallPaul said:
maby said:

Mine is the same! This cant be right! i have had 10 year old cars with nowhere near as many dents my outlander has in 5 months!

A few weeks after we took delivery of ours I came home on a windy evening, got out of the car and watched in horror as the wind knocked over an empty plastic dustbin which fell against the rear passenger door and left a significant dent in it!

spellinn said:
I had a cyclist pull up alongside me and lean against the rear post and leave a little dent where he put pressure on the bodywork.

Most annoying indeed, but I'd pained to pay anyone to fix it until I can combine with the inevitable supermarket door dings that I'm just waiting for..

Regards

Neil
I have had over £4000 worth of damage* done in my local Tesco over the years.
I now park in the 'Mummy & Baby slots'. I told the store manager the above* and said "until you make your parking slots big enough for modern cars I am parking in the Mother & Baby spaces.
If you don't like it I shall go to Sainsburys."
He said "I don't blame you, I can't do anything about the parking spaces."
So, all you 'Origami' drivers out there. Take my tip!
(I wonder if Mitsu have considered calling a model 'Origami'....makes sense with their paper thin tinware! :lol:

I need to look into this, our other car, a previous generation Outlander was exactly the same (Tin foil) and has several dimple dents from a freak hail storm that need sorting out as I want to trade it in.

The pain with modern cars is all the trim to get through to get to the underside of the dents, even the bonnet has a mass of soundproofing and fixings.

I would not mind tin-foil bodywork if the cost of replacement panels was correspondingly low!

Back