Electric Car Novelty

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free

In my opinion, based on knowledge attained since buying my PHEV, choosing electric in cars is simply a driving pleasure experience, rather than an environmental or economical benefit.

Batteries use a lot of resources and energy to build, and have about 10 years life, and then need to be recycled. This is expensive for the car owner, who pays more for a new electric car and then has an expensive bill to replace batteries after 10 years or has a write off, because repairs are more costly than the value of the vehicle.

Anthropogenic climate change is a hoax, so choosing electric to save the earth doesn’t factor.

When batteries catch fire , due to faulty recharging or head on collision with another electric vehicle etc, they become bombs which are intense and can’t be put out by fire brigades.

Saying all that, I still love driving a PHEV, because they are quiet and don’t pollute especially in underground car parks, which is a true environmental factor rather than the CO2 element of exhaust, which is the gas of life.

Back