12v Battery & 12KWh Battery

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elm70

I did find a bit "strange" that this PEHV has still a quite big 12V Lead Acid Battery.

I'm wondering how this battery does get charged .. it is connected to the petrol engine only ? So does the petrol engine need to run for keep alive this self descharging battery ?

They could have save over 20/30kg of dead weight .. and just implement a simple voltage converter for privde power to the normal car electronic/equipments

Interesting ... this means that if the car is left for long unused ... like 4/6 months ... both battery risk to be dead ?

Or there is still a logic to preserve the Lithium battery if the charge go below 15% ?

elm70 said:
Interesting ... this means that if the car is left for long unused ... like 4/6 months ... both battery risk to be dead ?

Or there is still a logic to preserve the Lithium battery if the charge go below 15% ?

That is the point of it, I think - it provides a buffer and protects the drive battery which is far more expensive than the 12v battery.

anko said:
Shouldn't that be 2:00 p.m.? It is for mine.
Not sure. Can't find it written down anywhere, but I thought I'd read it on this forum. Seems logical to time it for the middle of the night , rather than during the day?

Regulo said:
anko said:
Shouldn't that be 2:00 p.m.? It is for mine.
Not sure. Can't find it written down anywhere, but I thought I'd read it on this forum. Seems logical to time it for the middle of the night , rather than during the day?
Well, maybe not that logical. At night, changes are you have just recharged the car or are in the process of recharging. The aux battery level will be maintained then anyway.

Back