18 months of ownership

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeliNurse

Like a real nurse only happier.
So 18 months down the line. Generally happy with the car. , no more helicopters for me as i am now retired and permanently on KI, about 35 kms from the metropolis of Kingscote. The Bullbar was fitted and looks quite snazzy also got a tow bar thrown in on purchase of the car. We are off grid so the PHEV gets charged for free and sees us into town, round trip about 3l/100kms. The difference in driving the PHEV as opposed to the D3 are very obvious. The road noise is very intrusive and the GRS suspension does nothing for the comfort inside. The last thing we need on these tracks is firmer suspension. Maybe better tyres will help and we will go up a size to increase side wall flex and clearance when the time comes. It's a shame a lift kit would be illegal here. Niggles, the 12 volt battery was changed under warranty and the touch screen has failed, Mitsubushis attitude stunk on this issue, initially acting surprised and then admitted they had a waiting list of 20 and no prospect of new screens. Anyway booked in to Adelaide for the screen in January, which requires another trip on the bloody ferry. I have also fabricated a spare wheel carrier for longer trips. Meanwhile the Disco 3 and the P38 soldier on and the Stage One V8 has become a hanger queen.

Bull bar, and spare wheel carrier...can you post pictures of those, where'd you get the bull bar? There's another thread somewhere about spare wheel carrier, I modified a hitch mounted bike carrier to attach the wheel.

Touch screen dying in first 18 months is not promising, but good to know they had 20 others waiting...

Back