2020 Hitch Options and picture request

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyPoppy

Just bought a 2020 SEL that did not have the tow package. Need to get a hitch. Have been studying and need some guidance. First, would love to see pictures of one with the Mitsubishi Tow Package installed. Second, pictures of the car where tow package was not installed, but a dealer installed the official Mitsubishi hitch (OEM). My dealer said they cut the bumper to do it. Third, pictures of an aftermarket hitch.

I am trying to figure out the height difference between OEM and aftermarket on the Outlander PHEV 2020 or similar generation.

It looks like a curved ball arm might overcome the height difference between the OEM and aftermarket.

I am seriously considering UHaul to purchase and install. Have others done that without trouble?

Dealer wants $975 to install OEM hitch.

Thanks for any help!

Plenty of YouTube video's on DIY fitting tow bars to Outlanders.
Both Factory OEM and aftermarket versions.
Even shows that Mitsubishi already have a pre-wired plug for it behind the side panel in the load area above the battery. If you buy a kit that includes the factory like/copy loom, it looks like an easy job and is mostly well described.

Back