5 more sleeps

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vpctv

I pick up my new Aspire PHEV on monday and cant wait. Took me a long time to get across the line. Ive been reading this forum for several months now and conversing with a few of us Aussies down here that have done the same. Im coming out of a KIA Sportage Plainum diesel which gets around 7l/100Km on the highway and 8-9L/100Kms around town. Most of my driving will be 40 km round trips to town and back. Coffs Harbour. So iam hoping for a very low L /KM rate. Ive loved the KIA a beautiful car to drive but with 55000 km on the clock it had to go before it lost even more money. Im sure ill miss the air conditioned drivers seat, the auto dimming rear view mirror and the full panaromiac sunroof oh and probably the spare tyre, but after taking the PHEV for a prolonged test drive it just made so much sense.
Regenerative braking to recover energy makes friction brakes look like something from a model T. To have two methods of propulsion that work so seamlessly together EV and ICE is pretty astonishing. ACC (adaptive crusie control) coupled with the FCM is almost like having an autopilot, now if only it would steer as well, but that would be a Tesla then right and 100K$. Shame the Outlander body is so "brick" like but hey you cant have everything.
Will be picking my PHEV up interstate in QLD as i got a 6k discount on the RRP then i pimped it with $1600 of accessories.
They had a "Starlight" one on the showroom floor which meant i could have it now. So i am. Sight unseen. I haven even seen the color or the car in the flesh just pics from the dealer..I must be mad.
Wish me luck and i hope i dont get a "wednesday" car.
Im very nervous and hoping im not back on here in a few weeks bitching about it.

Most people seem to be pretty happy with them - the fact is that the dissatisfied few always make more noise that the happy many. We're very pleased with ours - though it is more a case of the comfort and technology than the fuel economy. In terms of at-the-pump running costs, we would probably be better off with the diesel, but the tax breaks won the day for the PHEV.

Back