ACC Service Required and EV System Service Required

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moby

Have anyone got theese two error messages before? I got a 2016 PHEV and got these two error messages and my car goes into a "save modus" and acceleration is realy slow. My workshop can't fix it and my car has been in the workshop for 14 days...

I have had both of these error messages, as well as FCM and others at the same time. The messages on my PHEV were a result of corrupted CAN bus data with a WiFi OBD connector installed for data logging. My PHEV did not go to a limp mode, but the check engine light stayed lit.

I had my dealer clear the messages, but now I do it myself with the TorquePro phone app.

The fact that your PHEV went to limp mode, suggests a fault in the electrics.

Dealer found a faulty wheel speed sensor on one of my PHEV within a day. Also found more faults, and eventually I had a replacement car. Took almost 5 months for the process.

moby said:
Have anyone got theese two error messages before? I got a 2016 PHEV and got these two error messages and my car goes into a "save modus" and acceleration is realy slow. My workshop can't fix it and my car has been in the workshop for 14 days...
Why can't they fix it? When I had an error the workshop couldn't find they connected the car online to the Factory service in Japan and the faults were cleared within the hour.
If they would keep my car for two weeks on the pretext that it was unfixable my lawyer would be demanding a replacement for me on the grounds that it is unfit for purpose..

jaapv said:
Why can't they fix it? When I had an error the workshop couldn't find they connected the car online to the Factory service in Japan and the faults were cleared within the hour.
I don't think clearing fault codes is the same as fixing a problem :geek: ;)

If the fault codes are caused by an incident, then sure. But if they were caused by a real problem ..... then clearing them won't do any good :idea: I have seen these messages several times, with different causes. But my car never went into limp mode, so most likely there is more going on than just a few fault codes that can't be cleared.

Ah, that's a different story then. But in your case, the issue was software related. If it is a faulty sensor, there is not much they can do in Japan. Other than perhaps detecting false sensor data. If it is, for example, a short circuit in the CAN wiring, I think there is not much they can do at all :cry:

Whatever it was, it was pretty scary. The FCM engaged without reason on the motorway. Fortunately there was not much traffic near...

Back