Bewildering array of warning beeps

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WMH

Just too many warning alarms.
Is there a way to moderate or even eliminate the many warning beeps?
On old Nissans you used to be able to do one snip which just silenced it all.
I think it’s a cultural thing: Japanese actually like them. But I reckon silence is golden; I’ll get around to closing door, putting on seat belt, checking charging lid, removing keys etc etc.

It took me 2 weeks to figure out the loudest and most unexpected and unexplained beeps in my vehicle were coming from the nav unit, even when it wasn't being used for navigation. In settings, all the warnings were enabled, which was obscene.

It took me 2 weeks to figure out the loudest and most unexpected and unexplained beeps in my vehicle were coming from the nav unit, even when it wasn't being used for navigation. In settings, all the warnings were enabled, which was obscene.
So were you able to disable those in Settings?
I’m wondering if there’s a standard way (or a hack) of getting rid of seat belt, keys in ignition, door open etc warnings.

So were you able to disable those in Settings?
I’m wondering if there’s a standard way (or a hack) of getting rid of seat belt, keys in ignition, door open etc warnings.
I don't think there's any easy way to disable or change the physical car warnings, unless you get an ODB2 programmer and change the ECU coding.

Back