British Gas Charging Point -

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I avoided British Gas having suffered at their hands recently on my new heating system, so went straight to Chargemaster who were very quick and helpful. This was back in June, but they gave me an installation appointment within 2 days of initial web form submission and the job was done in a week from then. If they are still offering free installation I'd definitely recommend them for service quality.

Cheers, Andy

Fortune7 said:
I avoided British Gas having suffered at their hands recently on my new heating system, so went straight to Chargemaster who were very quick and helpful. This was back in June, but they gave me an installation appointment within 2 days of initial web form submission and the job was done in a week from then. If they are still offering free installation I'd definitely recommend them for service quality.

Cheers, Andy

Agreed, they wanted to come the next day to fit mine.

Well, it was installed today. All done in less than 2 hours and no issues at all :)

10380745_10152620828834534_6620707391796982126_n.jpg

Still have to wait 6 weeks before I have something to connect it to.....

Kev.

BG contractor turned up on time but didn't install for me. Fuse box was ok, location for unit ok. Apparently getting the cable from the box under the stairs to the front of the house (fiddly but not impossible) would have used more trunking then he had available. Suggestion to resolve. I have to pay for a separate contractor to lay the cable from the front of the house to the fuse box then they'll come back and hook it up. (This is under the 10m distance they include for free).

Time to try charge master instead (or just give up on the idea and use a standard plug).

seems to be some inconsistencies in there procedures:-
both mine are 16A charge points ( at home, Sussex, and at a relatives bungalow in Suffolk) have been installed - one the cable run is all within the garage and only about 5Mtr to an external wall the other was from the Consumer unit inside the hall up and over the loft space and into the garage then to the external wall which was around 12Mtr.
Neither have been run in trunking or conduit ( internally ) one installer insisted on taking the supply direct from the Consumer unit intake and the other used a spare 20A MCD to feed the new RCD and Breaker box for the charge point.
Although both Consumer units were recently upgraded from old style FUSE Boxes to RCD/MCD Consumer units (with recent 17th edition Install Test Certificates) and were Identical capacity with a spare MCD for the charge point.

Both installers came from the SAME depot in Essex as they knew each other and would have had the same training.

Gave up on BG and have now got in contact with charge master and what a difference in service. People on the end of the phone who know what they are talking about and a quick response. Only 3 weeks till fitting (not bad considering I'm a bit out of the way). Hopefully fitting all goes ok too now.

After seeing that the 'free' charging point was being subsidised by the government and not BG, I opted to go to an independent supplier.

[email protected]

Within two weeks I had a 32 amp Universal Charging Point neatly fitted in my garage with a minimum of fuss.
The paperwork was completed by the installer, and it is attached to my normal incoming supply (via earth trip, mcb and cut out) and original tariff.

Very Pleased.

We'll I'm still waiting to get mine finalised so it looks like I will be using an outdoor 13 amp socket and the standard charger having had problems with pod point, british gas, chargemaster and then EV charging centre.
I genuinely didn't think it would be this difficult :shock:

Back