can you register for charging without a car reg?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweeds

I'm getting impatient waiting for my car so I thought I'd be proactive and register for an ecotricity card now, but the form asks for the car reg - which I don't have yet?

Do you need the reg to register for all providers?
I'm going for polar and pod-point too.

Ta

Tweeds said:
I'm getting impatient waiting for my car so I thought I'd be proactive and register for an ecotricity card now, but the form asks for the car reg - which I don't have yet?
Sorry, can't help you on this matter. But I must let you know, this is about the most sympathetic 'cry for help' I have read on this forum so far. I can relate to your 'problem' so well. Hang in there!

You definitely need proof that you are the owner or main user of a PHEV to get the Government to pay for your home chargepoint The original scheme did not require this proof so people who had no car were getting them simply because they were free and would add value to their property.
Not sure, but I seem to recall that the current scheme expires in March, but best check on that.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/plug-in-vehicle-chargepoint-grants

Yes, the current scheme ends on 31st March

getting access cards for the standard charge rate posts is a waste of time - you will get bored waiting for any significant charge level - and most of them charge much more than its worth....
The ONLY ones worth using are the Rapid charge Ecotricity points at motorway services

I have a free pod point near work, and a free polar at the wait rose next to the leisure centre my boys train at,so I'm hoping it will work for me.

dgmulti said:
getting access cards for the standard charge rate posts is a waste of time - you will get bored waiting for any significant charge level - and most of them charge much more than its worth....
The ONLY ones worth using are the Rapid charge Ecotricity points at motorway services

Not true - recently I've used a 7KW charge facility in Westminster (includes free central London parking :lol: ) while in a meeting for 3+hours and at a 3KW at Sainsbury's in Islington for the 2 free hours to "top up" before moving to my nearby office car park and finally in the Snowfields NCP car park whilst waiting for ever :cry: for my wife to be discharged from Guys hospital - £5 per hour to park so I might as well get something back :D - all of these were "free" for the charge. So I recon I've recouped the cost of the Source London card already :)

Ecotricity told me I could register putting my current non-electric car details, then just let them know when I get the new car details.

I didn't need to declare any car details for pod-point and polar.

MarkShelley said:
You definitely need proof that you are the owner or main user of a PHEV to get the Government to pay for your home chargepoint The original scheme did not require this proof so people who had no car were getting them simply because they were free and would add value to their property.
Not sure, but I seem to recall that the current scheme expires in March, but best check on that.

A copy of the vehicles order form was enough for us, with the promise of the VIN as soon as we know it.

Back