Charge-Amps - SPARK cable?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerBob

I am taking delivery of my Phev in just a few days, and probably need to order myself a longer charging cable. I guess I could use an extension, but I was looking at the SPARK cable from Charge-Amps - http://shop.charge-amps.com/spark-10m - and was hoping someone here have experience with that one???

I wold get it with the CEE plug, and then use a converter from CEE to Schuko when I want to charge out and about. I will have a CEE 16AMP power outlet installed at my home.

Where are you living?
I know a reseller here in Switzerland (nonEU) who also ships from Germany (EU) where you could get the cable for at least EUR 50 less, and he's got it stocked (no waiting)....

I have a charge-amps cable of 7.5 meters. Fitted a CEE plug myself as they didn't offer it yet, when I ordered early 2013. Have been using the cable for about 17 months now and I am totally happy with it.

I live in Greenland, so outside the EU. So, if you can send me the details of the reseller in CH, I'd appreciate that:)

Well, I have been talking to Charge-Amps in Sweden, and as they do not have a reseller in Greenland I promptly volunteered:) A couple of SPARK cables ordered, and now just waiting...

we took our phev charger to several trade electrcal centres they all gave the same advice and offered same parts. so one made up an all weather extension lead we keep in an an holdall in the boot, use it a lot when visiting family that live 60 mile away.

also make sure not coiled when in use lay out excess lead in lines.

KillerBob said:
I am taking delivery of my Phev in just a few days, and probably need to order myself a longer charging cable. I guess I could use an extension, but I was looking at the SPARK cable from Charge-Amps - http://shop.charge-amps.com/spark-10m - and was hoping someone here have experience with that one???

I wold get it with the CEE plug, and then use a converter from CEE to Schuko when I want to charge out and about. I will have a CEE 16AMP power outlet installed at my home.

Interesting, but horribly expensive :(

No, actually not expensive. The Charge-Amps cable is quite unique and cheap as well. Compared to the other 16AMP 10M all-in-one Cables, it is a fair price.

Back