Chargebump is now live

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonrh

There is now an app available called Chargebump.

The idea being is to allow better use of rapid and public chargers.

You can request a bump from a car occupying a charging space that is finished or, conversely, if your car is charged you will get a bump request to respond to.

The app is on iOS and Android

I would encourage all EV owners to download the app - you can test it using the Registration Number SPEAK3V. You can also print out flyers / window stickers from the website. The more of us that use / promote it - the better it will be. After all who wouldn't mind being asked by a BEV driver to move over when done in a courteous way?

Well done to Paul on the idea, the logo and the quick development.

I will be recommending that my local dealer mentions it to all new buyers.

Neverfuel said:
I would encourage all EV owners to download the app - you can test it using the Registration Number SPEAK3V. You can also print out flyers / window stickers from the website. The more of us that use / promote it - the better it will be. After all who wouldn't mind being asked by a BEV driver to move over when done in a courteous way?

It probably makes more sense to talk to Ecotricity and Source London about this - between them they operate the majority of charge points that this would be relevant to and they will have mailing lists of their subscribers - messages posted on forums like this will only ever come to the attention of a minority of the target user base whereas if you can convince the major charging network operators, they can hit the entire potential user base with a single mail-shot.

maby said:
Neverfuel said:

It probably makes more sense to talk to Ecotricity and Source London about this - between them they operate the majority of charge points that this would be relevant to and they will have mailing lists of their subscribers - messages posted on forums like this will only ever come to the attention of a minority of the target user base whereas if you can convince the major charging network operators, they can hit the entire potential user base with a single mail-shot.

Hi Maby

I had nothing to do with the app - just think it is a good idea. If the providers get on board then it would be brilliant - but in the meantime there is surely no harm in promoting it to the members on here.

Neverfuel said:
maby said:
Neverfuel said:

Hi Maby

I had nothing to do with the app - just think it is a good idea. If the providers get on board then it would be brilliant - but in the meantime there is surely no harm in promoting it to the members on here.

it certainly does no harm, but getting Ecotricity on-board really is the way to promote it. To work, it requires a high proportion of the EV user base to adopt it and the Ecotricity subscriber list is the best way of reaching them.

Back