Charging via Caravan

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the report Albacore and apologies for not replying sooner.

I haven't tried charging the car via the van yet, so thanks for the confirmation.

The Caravan Club confirmed that I am not allowed to charge on their sites.

Enjoy your trip.

Odd about the caravan club comment, I was at an affiliated site and a caravan club site, and both were more than happy. I would just ask at reception when you arrive, I reckon as long as you show courtesy by asking they'll be agreeable, after all, head office are not going to be policing on a daily basis. If I had been tripping everything out then they would have changed their minds. After all I bet caravanners rarely use the amount of electric to the value that is charged!

That's interesting that one of your sites was CC. There did seem to be a little confusion or indecision when I asked the question, so will go with your suggestion.

We are staying in Scotland for our summer holiday and there aren't many charging points far North or in the Northwest. So a top up on-site would be useful.

Thanks again for the info,
Alex.

I have just had my first week away in the caravan at keswick and i charged mine up every night from the caravan, no problem at all and no comments from the warden. I waited until everyone was in going to bed and plugged it in safe in the knowledge that no kettles or heaters were going to be switched on and blow anything.

I've just got back from another holiday with the PHEV. The site was still happy to allow me to charge - I thought I had better check again though (same site as before). She remembered me from before, but I told the warden there had been some quite 'charged up' posts on the club forum, hence double checking. Some people even equate charging up a car to stealing the soap and toilet paper!!

Next holiday with the caravan will be in France in a few weeks - I hope everything will be ok there too. I am debating whether to ask there though!

Good to hear Albacore. We are just back too. Towed up the A9 to John o Groats, back down through the Highlands to Lairg, then across to Clachtoll, down to Ullapool then back down A9 to Dundee.

We stopped at some CC sites and some some commercial. I never asked on CC sites due to previous reply, but the commercial sites were happy enough for us to charge.

It was a bit of a relief running on electric after the noisy engine whilst towing. As you can imagine there were a few big hills so the ICE was working hard. Had a few " reduced propulsion" messages, but all worked well.

Had to stop for petrol more often due to small tank and the towbar seems quite low, so van was quite nose down. The rear end was quite low too as the boot was packed. But well get things moved about with more trips away.

Good luck in France!

Back