Dealer servicing

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonrh

My car has just had its 25k miles service and it was just short of £350.

I had a ford before and so I know servicing can be good value but this sounds really quite steep for, what I imagine is, dropping the oil, computer check and fluids.

Is this Mitsubishi standard pricing or not?

A full service is a bit more that your average oil change... I don't know about the UK, but over here the prices are fixed by the importer.

Most third-party garages, like Quick Fit etc. which are usually cheaper across all brands won't touch the PHEV because of the complexity.

350 GBP does not sound unreasonable to me, especially with the present value of the pond ;)

You're right, SolarBoy, but I think that's more by way of a promotional offer from Mitsubishi than a true reflection of servicing costs.

ChrisMiller said:
You're right, SolarBoy, but I think that's more by way of a promotional offer from Mitsubishi than a true reflection of servicing costs.

There isn't much to do on a < 3 year old car.

The motor industry lives off servicing, no way does an oil and filter change cost £350.

The £500 offer has been knocking around for ages, I found a blog post dated 2014 that refers to it.

The earlier post gives pricing: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=274

simonrh said:
My car has just had its 25k miles service and it was just short of £350.

I had a ford before and so I know servicing can be good value but this sounds really quite steep for, what I imagine is, dropping the oil, computer check and fluids.

Is this Mitsubishi standard pricing or not?

This is going to sound harsh but I cannot imagine sending my car in for a 'service' (which, btw, I've never ever considered good value) without;

1. understanding what was required within the car's servicing routine and

2. first asking for a quotation for the work, and if unhappy with the reply...haggling and/or inquiring elsewhere.

When I had the misfortune to still have to work we had a rather crude expression...'if you lie down with your legs open, don't be surprised if you get screwed!'

I took the £500 deal for three years services although mine won't have done 25k by then, and I doubt if the ICE will even be run in.

An inquiry to Mitsu customer services may illicit a table of their standard pricing.

Presumably they gave you some bits of paper stating what work they had done. Usually these days you get a 20 minute presentation with music and lights just before presentation of your plastic. Why is it that you are still having imagine what you have been charged for?

Just asking.

JimB

Claymore said:
Presumably they gave you some bits of paper stating what work they had done. Usually these days you get a 20 minute presentation with music and lights just before presentation of your plastic. Why is it that you are still having imagine what you have been charged for?

JimB

I asked my dealer to do a battery check (having read the advice here to get the figures to monitor battery degradation) but although they said they had done it and it was OK, claimed they couldn't print off the results to give me. :(

Couldn't really complain as it was all part of the £500 package. :?

You are right Claymore, it does sound a bit harsh.

The work really was just an oil and filter swap, I do have the paper in front of me and I don't have a great deal of choice where to take it so it doesn't make sense to me to spend hours researching it. Mitsubishi dealers aren't exactly on every street corner.

£201.60 for labour (£100.80 per hour)
£112.88 for parts
£20 anti corrosion check
£3 environmental charges
£3.60 consumables

£341.08 all in.

The servicing work is defined by Misubishi and should be the same wherever i take it with a bit of variation due to dealer's hourly rates.

In the end it is a company car but we have a fleet of "premium german" branded cars and only Mercedes has managed to beat Mitsubishi on servicing costs this time around.

I have seen the fixed price servicing but I was told that had to have been purchased with the car when it was new? Cant be applied after sales?

simonrh said:
I have seen the fixed price servicing but I was told that had to have been purchased with the car when it was new? Cant be applied after sales?
That's my understanding, too.

My PHEV is on the three year fixed service deal, but when it had its first service, I noticed it wasn't washed.

My other car, a Citroen Picasso C3 was in for it's 4 year service and that was dearer than £350. We opted for an interim service as it has a major service at 3 years (low milage since) which was, in the old days, equivalent to I suppose the old "plugs, points, tappets and timing" and that came to £135 plus £36 for the body warranty check. It was washed though.

Same dealer for both cars, Duxford Service. Mitsubishi and Citroen dealer.

According to Mitsubishi the service should contain at least (from their website):

ROTATE TIRES
CHECK TIRE CONDITION
CHECK TIRE INFLATION
CHECK TIRE WEAR
CHANGE ENGINE OIL
REPLACE ENGINE OIL FILTER
INSPECT DISC BRAKE PADS & ROTORS
CHECK FOR WEAR
INSPECT SUSPENSION SYSTEM
CHECK FOR LOOSENESS
CHECK FOR DAMAGE
REPLACE AIR PURIFIER FILTER (CABIN AIR FILTER)
Plus, in case of the PHEV:
Check integrity of firmware, read out logs and error messages, install all factory updates.

A decent dealership will also inspect and repair/adjust lights, check fluids, check windscreen wipers/washers, check emissions, etc., do a test drive and return the car in a reasonably clean condition.

jthspace said:
My PHEV is on the three year fixed service deal, but when it had its first service, I noticed it wasn't washed.

My other car, a Citroen Picasso C3 was in for it's 4 year service and that was dearer than £350. We opted for an interim service as it has a major service at 3 years (low milage since) which was, in the old days, equivalent to I suppose the old "plugs, points, tappets and timing" and that came to £135 plus £36 for the body warranty check. It was washed though.

Same dealer for both cars, Duxford Service. Mitsubishi and Citroen dealer.

Mine is in for it's first service since I've owned at the same dealer today. I specifically asked about tyre rotation and they were pretty anti the idea. I was hoping they'd valet it and maybe even charge it, but if not, it's their lookout as I'll see what other dealers can do. As far as I know they are the nearest one to Cambridge, but as I work away in the week a lot I might be able to find another one who is more willing to please

Back