Defective Charging Cable?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveg1966

Hi,
Looking for some help here. Recently took my 2014 GX4HS into a public car park and decided to use the charging point (32 A bollard).

I have an almost unused cable which has always been OK in the past, when I plugged into the bollard, the charge didn't start. So decided to move on as I 'assumed' the bollard was defective. A day later I had the same problem at a different charging point in a different town.

The car charges fine using the 13A domestic cable at home so it doesn't look like the car, or the bollard(s)

I can't find anything wrong with cable, the trigger switch on the connector works fine and all cores check out end to end for continuity. The only thing I can see is that the 'CP' pin on the 'bollard' end of the cable appears to be more recessed than the 'PP' pin, but I don't know whether this is by design, as some connections are designed to connect before others when you plug cables in (although this typically only refers to ground/earth connections IMO)

Could anyone have a quick look at the their cables and let me know whether 'CP' should be set further back in the moulded plug than 'PP'? I've had the plug apart and it doesn't look like the pin has been pushed back into the moulding.

PHEV Plug.jpeg

Thanks,

Dave

Back