Discounts are available

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian4x4

Up to £4000 discount plus £5000 grant seems to be available.

http://www.autoebid.com/buy-new-cars/MITSUBISHI/OUTLANDER/2.0-PHEV-GX4h-5d-Auto/59072.asp

http://www.new-car-discount.com/car/mitsubishi/outlander-estate/4x4/petrol-plugin-elec-hybrid/automatic/2.0-phev-gx4h-5dr-auto/14/

ian4x4 said:
Up to £4000 discount plus £5000 grant seems to be available.

http://www.autoebid.com/buy-new-cars/MITSUBISHI/OUTLANDER/2.0-PHEV-GX4h-5d-Auto/59072.asp

http://www.new-car-discount.com/car/mitsubishi/outlander-estate/4x4/petrol-plugin-elec-hybrid/automatic/2.0-phev-gx4h-5dr-auto/14/

Closer to £3500 but won't quibble - looks good deal. However, I don't see the 0% deal I'm getting, so they may be recovering the difference in interest charges and do they actually have the cars, or does an order go to the back of the queue - presumably franchised dealers get priority :?

my local dealer Mitsubishi weren't offering any discount.

A quick trawl and found the PHEV4H well under £30k after the grant.

I gave the local dealer the chance to relook at their prices, after waiting 2 weeks and receiving a call asking if I'd want a test drive (which I already had) they didn't get back to me.

Order in place for dec delivery - PHEV4H, white, detachable tow bar and a nice 'pay rise' when the 520ED goes back - 19% vs 5% on the P11D...

There was a comment somewhere re hybrids not being discounted.

The Ampera, top model was coming out at £27500 OTR with metalic paint.

My local dealer offered no discount and a derisory amount for trade-in on my Prius (£2000 less than I was offered by the 'buy any car' merchants - who I eventually sold to). I still would have gone back to my local dealer if they'd match the price I got online (not as low, btw, as some of those touted elsewhere on this thread) but when I told the figure I'd been offered the car at they sounded disbeliebing and they denied being able to offer any discounts (almost suggesting Mitsubishi were applying retail price restrictions). I suspect they were trying it on because they called back a week later and were disappointed to find I'd actually placed the order through the dealer I'd been introduced to online.

Poins said:
My local dealer offered no discount and a derisory amount for trade-in on my Prius (£2000 less than I was offered by the 'buy any car' merchants - who I eventually sold to). I still would have gone back to my local dealer if they'd match the price I got online (not as low, btw, as some of those touted elsewhere on this thread) but when I told the figure I'd been offered the car at they sounded disbeliebing and they denied being able to offer any discounts (almost suggesting Mitsubishi were applying retail price restrictions). I suspect they were trying it on because they called back a week later and were disappointed to find I'd actually placed the order through the dealer I'd been introduced to online.

Surely this is how a market economy works. The dealer has no need to offer a discount if he can sell at list price - especially as there have been more orders than cars in the UK. Unless the manufacturer is prepared to underwrite the discount (unlikely when it can sell all it makes) then it comes out of the dealers' margin, from which he has to pay for his staff & premises etc and make a profit.

Question is your dealer found on-line only on-line (and so has lower overheads like Amazon)?

Dealer I found online is an official Mitsubishi UK dealership - just in another part of the country. I think the same is true for others who found online discounts.

I just ordered mine with Leeds Mitsubishi, went to Carwow and 6 offers from different Mitsubishi dealers, Leeds is the one of the cheapest but they replied to my questions very quickly. Did try our local Mitsubishi, no discount at all. Dealers around London are not interested in giving out discount whatsoever.

Bought ours from Leeds - ok service although took them about 1.25 hours to fit my mud flaps while I hung around with a toddler in sweltering heat - was not best pleased as had been told would take 1/2 hour (and someone on this forum said it took them about 10 mins!). Other than that, was happy with them - delivered the car on time.
H

Back