EV mode not available

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch U. Bishi

I just got a 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Went to a quick charge station last night, because the lithium ion battery was completely dead. Charged for 15 minutes to 80 percent. Got back on the road and the red plug symbol was flashing. Got back in my car this morning, the same thing was happening. I went back to the quick charge station to top off the lithium ion battery. The good news is the red flashing plug stopped, but the bad news is I put it in EV mode and it will stay in EV mode for about 100 yards then the screen says “EV mode not available.” This is the second time this has happened. I roll in EV for about 100 yards and it immediately kicks into normal mode. When I try to put it back in EV mode, it says “EV mode not available.” I’m getting very frustrated because I’m not seeing the 74 MPGe that was advertised. I will admit, this is my first electric vehicle, so I’m not really sure if I’m even using it correctly. What am doing wrong??

Back