First average mileage calculation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnut

Just topped up petrol again having covered 353miles of mixed (but no motorway- We don't 'av they darn ere in Darzett! :D ) driving.
5.23 gallons.
PLUS £11.26 worth of leccy converted to gallons (99.9 ppl) =2.50 gallons =45.84mpg.
Not too bad considering I can only charge up at home on the journeys I do.
Car's overall mpg 'guessometer is showing 59. but I can't remember when I zero'd it. I shall do so again tomorrow & see what results I get.
The oiler gets about 45 as well so the PHEV wins (for my usage) if only due to the zero RFL! (see Autocar quote below~talking about the oily one.) In the Ozzie comparison of Phev Vs Diesel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW-dWxUiFho the Diesel won but no mention was made of the Australian postion on any road tax they have to pay( perhaps one of our antipodean chums could enlighten us?
Just found this
http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufacturer-news/2015/04/24/mitsubishi-responds-to-real-world-fuel-economy-criticism
Note their last paragraph. Oh really~?? Perhaps I should have gone to Specsavers!! :lol:

And from Autocar.
The Outlander is one of the lowest-emitting 4x4s on CO2, and particularly so against its rivals in automatic guise. And as you’d surmise, it’s frugal. Go touring in an automatic version and you'll probably return almost 45mpg, which is excellent for an automatic seven-seat SUV.

Definitely! If you use it as a general purpose SUV, you will not get these famed 150mpg and up, but it is still a good competitor for similar sized SUVs.

The video's quite entertaining, the weather certainly looks better than the UK! I was intrigued to hear that the PHEV was "$5,000 more expensive than the diesel" (that's 2,500 of your Earth pounds) whereas in the UK the price difference is £5,000 - entirely not coincidentally the government subsidy on EVs (soon to be reduced, I believe). Of course Ozzzie vehicle specs are different, so there may be a valid explanation for the price discrepancy.

ChrisMiller said:
The video's quite entertaining, the weather certainly looks better than the UK! I was intrigued to hear that the PHEV was "$5,000 more expensive than the diesel" (that's 2,500 of your Earth pounds) whereas in the UK the price difference is £5,000 - entirely not coincidentally the government subsidy on EVs (soon to be reduced, I believe). Of course Ozzzie vehicle specs are different, so there may be a valid explanation for the price discrepancy.

There are no government incentives/subsidies on the PHEV here. Add to that that fuel has gone down to around $1.00/l recently, the PHEV is not that competitive from a purely fuel economy point.

There are 2 spec levels here, the lower one misses out on heated seats, sunroof, adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation, Wi-Fi connectivity and maybe something else I've missed. It is about $5000.00 cheaper.

There are quite a few unsold 2014 models with only demo km on them,with very steep discounts (as much as $15K) at dealers.

Back