Five Leaves

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave13

Evening All

Having read loads of stuff on here whilst waiting for the car to finally arrive I understood it was fairly difficult or near impossible to get the magical "five leaf". As most people my first week or so has been taken up with playing with the toys, the paddles, Eco mode etc, the best leafage I managed was three. My daughter got in the car this morning for her first drive, knocked into Eco mode, drove about 20 miles stop start stuff.... And would you believe it 5 BLOODY LEAVES!! I'll never live it down.

I am a firm believer in enjoying the good bits and living with the less good, early impressions is that it is a lovely smooth comfortable car, plenty of room, nice looking, I'll live with the poor phone connection and the other quirky stuff it throws our way.

First impressions - this car is going to be fun

I can reliably get 5 leaves at highway speeds running on the petrol motor. The leaves is only about accelerations and not petrol use as such. EV only driving with no ICE operation will not generally give 5 leaves. Gentle use of accelerator and brake is the only way, even when the petrol motor is supplying all the energy.

I got five leaves this morning, driving the 15km into work:) It is still on the chilly side here in Greenland, and hence I "defrost" for 10 min. before leaving home. I drove into work, and hills and all, the Phev drove all the way on battery... 5 leaves and 100% on electric...

I know how you feel, Dave. My 13 year old son always checks my score and then takes the mickey out of me if I get 3 or below! The other day I only got a 1 so got a right ribbing! The car got a kick in its front tyre. :lol:

Back