Folding door mirror question.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulo

The PHEV is a tight fit in my garage, so I retracted the door mirrors using the switch on the door panel. Being a suspicious character, I then locked the car. When I then unlocked it next day, the mirrors unfolded themselves. Is this right? On my Volvo, if you manually retracted the mirrors, they stayed retracted until you told them to unfold.

Regulo said:
The PHEV is a tight fit in my garage, so I retracted the door mirrors using the switch on the door panel. Being a suspicious character, I then locked the car. When I then unlocked it next day, the mirrors unfolded themselves. Is this right? On my Volvo, if you manually retracted the mirrors, they stayed retracted until you told them to unfold.
Go into the MMCS or phone app and you can set the behaviour.

Kev.

Thanks, Kev. I've just found it in the MMCS book. I'll never get the hang of this! I grew up with Morris Minors and Ford Cortinas - lucky if you got a radio and screen washers. And definitely no floor mats. :lol:

Regulo said:
Thanks, Kev. I've just found it in the MMCS book. I'll never get the hang of this! I grew up with Morris Minors and Ford Cortinas - lucky if you got a radio and screen washers. And definitely no floor mats. :lol:

Radio AND screen washers! In my first car (Hillman Husky) the radio was my portable transistor and we called screen wash - RAIN :lol:

My uncle had a Standard Vanguard (beetle back) that had a radio - but you had to wait for the valves to warm up!!! And do you remember vacuum wipers a la Ford Popular? Some engineer should have been tarred and feathered for that idea. Gosh, now I'm giving away my age. ;)

Ah the good old days.

Advertised a car for sale once with

Variable Speed Windows
Selective Locking
Height Adjustable Aerial
Get a "Work Out" Steering

Them were the days where the only 2 stats for a car were 0-60 and top end speed.

MPG, no one cared.

Back