Found a good torch that fits in footwell bracket

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkh112

Some of you may have noticed that there is a redundant circular bracket built into the passenger footwell trim. I understand this is for an emergency flare which is a legal requirement in Japan.
I like to carry a torch in my car and have found a really great little torch which fits perfectly in the bracket and it only cost £2.
The torch I bought is like this one from Amazon ( there are lots the same on there). Mine did not come from this seller, but it looks to be of the same design.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/300LM-Flashlight-Torch-Adjustable-Lamp-Black/dp/B00OLDC6W2/ref=pd_cp_diy_0
It fits in the bracket fully with just the small orange rubber button showing if it is inserted with the lens pointing forward and the pocket clip uppermost. If it is inserted with the lens pointing back then it only goes part way in the bracket.
Hope someone finds this useful.

I love the shelf built in the glovebox for the manuals and books, what a great idea as you can access it without disturbing all the other stuff in there.

Could you please take a pic of the recess, I haven't noticed any in my car.. although I usually drive so the time spent in the passenger foot-well is limited to 30 sec while vacuuming the car..
on the other hand this may have been removed on the Euro/left hand drive cars?

On mine (RHD UK model), it's a ring about a couple of inches diameter moulded into the left hand side of the footwell wall on the passenger side. I did wonder if it was intended to carry an umbrella - have seen such storage spaces on some other recently released cars - but it seemed unlikely to be able to carry anything useful. You certainly could fit a flare in there - the sort of thing we carry on the boat. If it is specifically a Japanese requirement, is has probably been deleted from the LHD model.

tjacobsen said:
Could you please take a pic of the recess
I think this is what he means…

holder1_1.jpg

holder2.jpg

maby said:
- but it seemed unlikely to be able to carry anything useful.
Except a torch!
;)

The photos above do show the bracket I was referring to. The torch fits neatly in there.

Ah, I'll have a look when I get back.

Looks like it is made for a window breaker which I believe are mandatory in some places (don't know where though).

NAPpy

Is a little big for my trusty auto punch window breaker, but I do have a small LED torch that fits. I had not seen it as I have only been a driver in the PHEV I own. Is it still on the LHS in a LHD car?

thanks! Ordered 2 x the model that has 3 modes. Fingers crossed it will fit compared to the model on the link you sent (1 mode only).

thanks again!

great find and can you believe I had one of these very same torches rattling around in the centre console :lol: it fits a treat!
HJB

Back