Front wipers won’t switch off!!!!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help!!!!!
Hi I’m new to the group, hope everyone is well!
My problem-We purchased a phev last year (2015) and it went for its first service with us at stoneacre Mitsubishi (big one, spark plugs etc) About 2 weeks after the wipers wouldn’t switch off? Been back to Mitsubishi for diagnosing - first time said it was etac board but would need further investigation poss wiring loom? Went back, said it was wiper linkage and would need to order the part, would ring when it was In stock, I kept calling to check as I found customer service rubbish! Called Monday and the wiper MOTOR had come in? So we booked in for today. Went into workshop, it came out still the same :( so they’re saying it could be the etac board again at £900 and they’ve washed their hands of it. Told us to get an auto electrician as they’ve don’t know what to do!!!!!
Can anyone help? I really don’t know what to do if main Mitsubishi dealer can’t help
Thanks
Dear Sir, I read your problem and I see that you had it in 2020. did you solve it? I have the same problem now. So if you can help me? Thank you. Is that the fuse box in the cabin?

Dear Sir, I read your problem and I see that you had it in 2020. did you solve it? I have the same problem now. So if you can help me? Thank you. Is that the fuse box in the cabin?

The wiring diagram shows that the wiper circuit includes the Rain Sensor Adjustment, ACC Relay 3, Windshield Wiper Speed Switching Relay, Windshield Wiper Automatic Stop Relay, all external to the wiper motor.

As they have replaced the wiper motor, which has an internal switch the opens when the wipers have parked, I'd start by pulling the Auto Stop Relay and see if it's jammed.

Can you still control the speed of the wipers? That may eliminate that control unit.
Do you have a wiring diagram that you could possibly send me, I have a 2019 model, but I doubt their is to much difference in the wiper system. I've been trouble shooting electronic systems for a few decades and would like to try and help with this problem.

Do you have a wiring diagram that you could possibly send me, I have a 2019 model, but I doubt their is to much difference in the wiper system. I've been trouble shooting electronic systems for a few decades and would like to try and help with this problem.
Where is the relay for automatically turning off the wipers? Thank you!

Hello,

We have the same problem, was it the relays at fault and are they the ones located in the passenger compartment?

Found the fuses and relays but looks like a very difficult place to get to them.

Auto electrician had a look this morning but run out of time, he checked the wiper motor connectors but they didn't quite match up to the diagrams from the links.

FYI 2016 Model.

Would appreciate any help.
Friends, where are the relays?

Back