Getting ripped off at the dealership

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbasjm

$400 for Service-3. Ok I can live with that. $400 plus tax. Ok that's expected. $400 plus shop supplies and tax. All right, I expect to be charged to shop supplies. But $40 for shop supplies because they charge a 'standard 10%' ? When they quote it as 'shop supplies' they play it down and it sounds like there's some screws and nuts and bolts and whatever. When I complained to the staff they said its industry standard and they have to do stuff like clean the uniform. Ridiculous, its not like they clean the uniform after every servicing and $40 is still excessive. These things need to be embedded in the price quoted. ESPECIALLY if it's a set percentage.

$400 for Service-3. Ok I can live with that. $400 plus tax. Ok that's expected. $400 plus shop supplies and tax. All right, I expect to be charged to shop supplies. But $40 for shop supplies because they charge a 'standard 10%' ? When they quote it as 'shop supplies' they play it down and it sounds like there's some screws and nuts and bolts and whatever. When I complained to the staff they said its industry standard and they have to do stuff like clean the uniform. Ridiculous, its not like they clean the uniform after every servicing and $40 is still excessive. These things need to be embedded in the price quoted. ESPECIALLY if it's a set percentage.
I spend the winter in AZ and the dealer here has been wonderful. The first time I took my 2019 Outlander for a service they did it for free because it was my first service at their dealership. On my 2023 Outlander they only charged $60 and when I mentioned that the dealership close to me closed they gave e a $25 prepaid Mastercard and a nice set of pens and key chains.

Back