handbrake hole

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

when the handbrake is on, underneath it on the console is a hole, has anyone dropped anything down there. Well my wife dropped some change on the console and two £2 coins rolled downnever to be seen again.

stopped at mitsubushi chertsey they wanted £20 just to look, so we thought best avoid this place, stopped at one in ryde customer service there is always first class they came out and removed the usb box and various plastic bits of the console but to no avail unless the whole works were removed so we called it a day no charge for their help.

which mitsubishi dealers do you find helpful and which just wanted to charge for every minor request.

anyone else lost anything to this hole.

did it again today wife passing some money to me and some fell into the hole under the hand brake, manage to get them before they completly disappeared with tweezers.

another thing just keep getting caught on is banging my head on the boot lid lost court done it so many times, yet never done it on any other car in 40 years of driving.

I must confess I never managed to do that in nearly two years and 45.000 KM, but it might be a business opportunity for some enterprising AliBaba member to produce Outlander handbrake sleeves...

duetto said:
...another thing just keep getting caught on is banging my head on the boot lid lost court done it so many times, yet never done it on any other car in 40 years of driving.

Yup did it first day I had the car!

Must say something about the stature of the Japanese designers! :lol:

Worse! one of my kids managed to drop something down the hole around the seatbelt, for weeks every time I accelerated and braked there was a tinny sound like a marble rolling up and down in 2 metres of drainpipe!

Eventually it drove me nuts enough to dismantle the car myself, I found a hard shelled chocolate eggs was happy playing bowling inside the sill.

t9v0aq.jpg

Sweets are now banned.

Back