How does the speaker/ sound system sound?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tun

I haven't found any review on the speaker system and wonder if any owner has any thoughts to share?

I'm looking at the GX4HS (in UK) and currently driving an old 5 series which surprisingly has good sound system.

I'm very impressed with the sound system and having a quieter car means you hear more of the sounds! DAB, CD, SD card, IPod and Bluetooth all work well. When you get a good DAB signal the quality of the broadcast from Classic FM and Radio 2 (my main channels) is stunning, FM signal is very good. I consider myself a bit of a HiFi nut and very keen on getting the best out of any car system, but with the PHEV I will not be touching a thing..... well I may well get a DAB booster if you can get one! I am certain the drop out of the DAB signal is nothing to do with the system it is patchy in my area. The best sounds have come from using the CD and the SD card, lots of detail with some pretty impressive low base (that does not rattle the car interior no matter how loud or low I go!!).

Sharky said:
I'm very impressed with the sound system and having a quieter car means you hear more of the sounds! DAB, CD, SD card, IPod and Bluetooth all work well. When you get a good DAB signal the quality of the broadcast from Classic FM and Radio 2 (my main channels) is stunning, FM signal is very good. I consider myself a bit of a HiFi nut and very keen on getting the best out of any car system, but with the PHEV I will not be touching a thing..... well I may well get a DAB booster if you can get one! I am certain the drop out of the DAB signal is nothing to do with the system it is patchy in my area. The best sounds have come from using the CD and the SD card, lots of detail with some pretty impressive low base (that does not rattle the car interior no matter how loud or low I go!!).

Wonderful! Thanks for your feedback. Similarly, I am a fan of Classic FM and LBC (talk radio). So it's crucial that it's not too noisy in the cabin :)

I have a G4 and the sound system quality is not a patch on the Lexus CT200 system I had before. Very average. I also find the channel selection a pain.

Might not be as crystal clear as the Bose Gold I had in my previous Cadillac and Jaguar S,
but it's way better than everything you usually get in medium-class cars.

Really pretty good given how compromised other areas of the MMCS are (phone kit, TMC)

Just test drove a GX4H today (in the UK).
Really likee it, but I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't an Aux in, I use Google Play All Access on an android phone for my music, so the USB port isnt much good to me. Am I right in thinking that there is Bluetooth Music support (A2DP) ? I am always a little let down by BT audio. Can any one here re-assure me (or confirm my fears !).

Best regards

DannyKudos said:
Just test drove a GX4H today (in the UK).
Really likee it, but I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't an Aux in, I use Google Play All Access on an android phone for my music, so the USB port isnt much good to me. Am I right in thinking that there is Bluetooth Music support (A2DP) ? I am always a little let down by BT audio. Can any one here re-assure me (or confirm my fears !).

Best regards

I havent got my car yet but I'm sure it has bluetooth music support.

And based on my experience on my current car, the quality via bluetooth is better compare to an AUX input. It might be down to the cable I use but somehow it sounds better via bluetooth.

Back