How much battery life would pre-heat use?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobblydeb

If I set the car to pre-heat for 10 minutes without being plugged in, what % of battery charge would it use?

Let's say for ambient temperature at 3 degrees and a heat temperature of 18 degrees.

Anybody know, or willing to guesstimate? Thanks! :)

For me it was about 10% (20mins and 22deg). Well worth it to get straight into a nice warm car without scraping the windows. Neighbour is well jealous!!
I do leave mine now still charging so if I get in the car after it has done it's thing, it has topped it up a little. But don't leave it too long before getting in the car as the heat soon goes, it's all about timing!!

I have mine of preheat set to go of about 5 minutes before i need to leave. Battery fully topped back up and car wonderfully toasty!

Wobblydeb said:
If I set the car to pre-heat for 10 minutes without being plugged in, what % of battery charge would it use?

Let's say for ambient temperature at 3 degrees and a heat temperature of 18 degrees.

Anybody know, or willing to guesstimate? Thanks! :)

The heater is 4kw and 10 minutes is one sixth of an hour - so with the heater running full power (which it probably will do with an ambient temperature close to zero) for ten minutes will use rather less than 1kwh. The battery is 10kwh, so it could use something approaching one tenth of your battery.

Back