How to disable the folding mirrors?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello all,

Upon locking the vehicle, the mirrors fold inwards, is there a way to disable this feature? If so how?

Thanks.

The Door Mirror operation can be reset using MMCS, selecting Info/Set then Settings then Vehicle settings and then Keyless Operation System.
Finally Multi Mode Keyless Operation System controls Door Mirror mode of operation.
It is explained in MMCS Manual page 218.

If you have a version without MMCS, your dealer can reprogram. But why should you want to? it is a very useful feature.

jaapv said:
If you have a version without MMCS, your dealer can reprogram. But why should you want to? it is a very useful feature.

What's useful about it? I don't understand... I guess it saves 6" of space, I don't see how that is really useful though. To answer your question, they can get frozen shut in the winter.

7055 said:
jaapv said:

What's useful about it? I don't understand... I guess it saves 6" of space, I don't see how that is really useful though. To answer your question, they can get frozen shut in the winter.

That is correct - there have been reports of the mechanism breaking if it is badly frozen up when it attempts to unfold. There was a recommendation from Mitsubishi to turn it off in genuinely cold weather

7055 said:
jaapv said:

It is useful in narrow spaces but my main uses are an acoustical signal that I have pushed the right button on the key fob, and I can see at a distance whether the car is locked.

The fob has individual lock and unlock buttons. Can't really get it wrong, unlike some alarm/central locking systems with a toggle action with only one button.

The space around the car gets lit up at night, as I have the turn the lights on for a bit when locking enabled.

7055 said:
jaapv said:

You obviously don't live in Sarf Lundun where drivers (esp. the bin men) make a point of removing large sticking out objects as they squeeze thro' in the "rat runs" :eek:

Back