"Importing single entry into Phonebook" issue...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerBob

I have my iPhone synced with my Phev, and it works fine. I can see the phone-book and I can make calls on the screen, or via the voice-control. So far so good...

Now I'd like to add a few numbers to the vehicle phone-book, and I was following the direction on pages 8-55 -> 8-56, but when I have said "Single entry", and the voice guide says "Ready to receive a contact from the phone", there is no direction as to how I select/send it from the phone.

How do I do this???

You need to have your contacts open and you select the contact you want to transfer and the use the phone controls to transfer by bluetooth to the PHEV. I have an MMCS, so have some visuals.

Unfortunately Apple hasn't provided an easy way of doing this from IOS devices. Has anyone found an app which will accomplish this on an iPhone?

This must surely be similar to sending someone a business card of your details from the iPhone. The PHEV can only receive phone numbers, and not all the contact details. Have not tried to sync between android and iPhone, but if you could then maybe find someone with an android phone as a go between.

I have found lots of documentation that Apple is not providing a solution for this. Seemingly you cannot transfer contact details via Bluetooth, only the entire phone book. I can't even find apps that will do this...

I would back up my entire iPhone to the cloud or whatever. Delete every contact you don't want in the car phonebook, from the iPhone. Just copy the new amended phonebook from the iPhone to the PHEV and then restore the iPhone contacts from the backup. You will then have what you want. Is this why I use Android? :eek: ;)

Back