Inbound ships for September UK deliveries

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fortune7

I had originally ordered a pearl white 4h in early June but then asked about swapping to a glacier blue version. My dealer, Humphris Mitsubishi in Oxford duly ordered me a blue one and would let me know the delay involved in delivery, once the ship sailed from Japan. For me, the only reason for the change of heart was that I already have a white motorhome on the front of my house and another white car might look a bit much! No doubt the dealer has no problem with selling the white one which should be with him any day..

I was always happy to wait for a September delivery and registration so was pleased to be told my blue 4h is due to dock in UK on 12th August. As I posted before, I had found out from another forum member the name of vessel and it was interesting to see its progress via http://www.marinetraffic.com.

So, now I can do it all again (!). For those expecting late August/early September delivery, the ship is the 'Boheme', a Singapore - registered vehicle carrier (there's a few other 'Boheme's' out there), and it's now just left South Korea for Shanghai. I found it fascinating to track the previous ship as it went from port-to-port; I'm sure others will be less excited but if you have nothing much else to do as you wait for your car, you can see where it is. If for no other reason, it keeps your dealer honest with his predictions for delivery. You'll probably need to ask them for the ship's details to be 100% sure. My dealer was confident that after docking, customs clearance is 2 days then delivery to dealer a further 10 days, so realistically a couple of weeks should be about right, if all goes well (weather, strikes, etc. permitting!)

Cheers, Andy

Thanks Andy....I'll be tracking it for sure.

Ordered our car early/mid June so a slim chance it may have come on the one that docked in Bristol on Sunday.....more likely to be on this ship though, I'd have thought :cool:

I was told last week by the leasing broker that it was still on track to reach me around the 10th of August. So should be on a boat docking end of July. Have you heard of such a shipment ? I only hear about the mid July and September deliveries ....

Well done David! The ship 'Boheme', currently in the South China sea off Hong Kong, is due to dock in UK 12th August, so yours may well be on it. I'm really not sure how many delivery ships come here - one a month? more frequent? So to be really sure you'd have to confirm through your dealer, if poss.

Cheers, Andy

Thanks Andy.... I don't get told the dealer until they call me to arrange delivery, so will just have to wait it out I'm afraid.

If people could keep posting ship names once they become known here, that would add to the fun for all, I'm sure.

David,

I've been trying to track the 'Boheme' too, getting the same 'out of range'. Perhaps the AIS is turned-off or scrambled around the horn of Africa / Gulf of Aden to minimise piracy. If it hasn't sunk :eek: it's due in to Aqaba, Jordan any time now. ETA for UK is 12th August (according to my dealer) so it's got a long way to go in 6 days.......Hopefully it'll surface again soon!

Cheers, Andy

I believe mine is probably on the Boheme which is currently "out of range" too - our fleet manager said September delivery BUT I can't have mine delivered to me until my current BMW lease runs out on November 4th :evil:

Fortune7 said:
David,

I've been trying to track the 'Boheme' too, getting the same 'out of range'. Perhaps the AIS is turned-off or scrambled around the horn of Africa / Gulf of Aden to minimise piracy. If it hasn't sunk :eek: it's due in to Aqaba, Jordan any time now. ETA for UK is 12th August (according to my dealer) so it's got a long way to go in 6 days.......Hopefully it'll surface again soon!

Cheers, Andy

Hi Andy,

Are you able to share how you know about Aqaba and the expected arrival date in the UK?

Thanks

David

DrSlackBladder said:
I believe mine is probably on the Boheme which is currently "out of range" too - our fleet manager said September delivery BUT I can't have mine delivered to me until my current BMW lease runs out on November 4th :evil:

I totally sympathise with you on that - at least you more or less have a 'guaranteed delivery date' well in advance :D

I totally sympathise too! Ordered my gx3h about 6 weeks ago and its not arriving at dealer until 5th November! It would have been quicker to canoe over and pick it up myself! :x

dkdogg said:
I totally sympathise too! Ordered my gx3h about 6 weeks ago and its not arriving at dealer until 5th November! It would have been quicker to canoe over and pick it up myself! :x

It's weird how much delivery dates vary. I ordered my Gx3h on 9th July on lease and have been told 8th October at the dealer then another week or so to prep the vehicle. You ordered yours before me and aren't getting it till a month after. Are you having any extras fitted? i'm not, so maybe this is the reason for delay. Unless some dealers put in fake orders as they know they will sell and my lease company happened to find one. :?

david1972 said:
DrSlackBladder said:

I totally sympathise with you on that - at least you more or less have a 'guaranteed delivery date' well in advance :D

Boheme now back in range, but has a long way to go, can't see it being here next week.

The dealer we spoke to said that the lead time on a GX3h was longer than on a GX4h - Mitsubishi are not anticipating a big demand for the GX3 trim level and are largely building them to order but they are shipping GX4s out unallocated on the basis that they are confident of getting customers.

chindley said:
david1972 said:
DrSlackBladder said:

Boheme now back in range, but has a long way to go, can't see it being here next week.

still showing as out of range for me :?:

Not having any extras fitted chindley. I was originally told October delivery, but got an email yesterday to say November. Trying not to think about it - far too excited!!

chindley said:
david1972 said:
DrSlackBladder said:

it was due to dock on 12th August but I've been told this week that it has been delayed until 1st September to dock. apparently it takes a couple of days to clear customs and then 10 days to deliver to the dealer. I guess that there are then a couple of days at the dealership for final prep and then off to customers in third week of September.

it was due to dock on 12th August but I've been told this week that it has been delayed until 1st September to dock. apparently it takes a couple of days to clear customs and then 10 days to deliver to the dealer. I guess that there are then a couple of days at the dealership for final prep and then off to customers in third week of September.

Thanks - that would still fit with my 'late September' predicted delivery date then :)

Back